- Conference cites need to curb child abuse. // National Catholic Reporter;9/23/94, Vol. 30 Issue 41, p5
Reports on an international conference on child abuse held in Malaysia. Number of delegates to conference; Groups that organized the event; Sexual assault of girls by family members; Suggestions offered to curb child abuse.
- 21st Annual Conference On Prevention of Child Abuse. // Bulverde Standard (Canyon Lake, TX);1/10/2007, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p8
The article presents information on the 21st annual conference on prevention of child abuse, which is to be held in Texas in 2007.
- Child abuse prevention and recognition workshop. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;10/19/2009, Vol. 19 Issue 41, p26
The article offers information on the 2-hour workshop entitled "Child Abuse Prevention and Recognition" hosted by the Rockland Teachers' Center Institute to be held at Willow Grove Middle School in New York on November 17, 2009.
- Childhood Abuse. Coryton, Demitri; Garrett, Guy; Lewis, Kevin; Marshall, Michael; Waterman, Chris // Children's Services Parliamentary Monitor;Dec2010, Issue 50, p927
The article discusses the highlights of oral questions to Justice ministers and Law Officers posed by members of the Scottish Parliament on December 9, 2010 regarding a comprehensive human rights-based approach to securing effective access to justice, effective remedies and reparation for...
- Woman's Day. Sinclair, Amy // Woman's Day (Australian Consolidated Press);11/3/2008, Vol. 60 Issue 44, p8
Information about the discussion meeting on child abuse cases in Australia is presented. Highlights include the presentation of figure as to how frequent child abuse in the country is, which made Prime Minister Kevin Rudd horrified. Rudd was impressed with the "Save Our Kids" campaign and had...
- Saskatoon remembers the residential school children. Couture, Joe // Windspeaker;Apr2008, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p16
The article offers information on a meeting of the Indian Residential Schools Truth and Reconciliation Commission's multi-city tour program named "Remembering the Children," at Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, on March 9, 2008. The discussion centered on the abuse of children in the off-reservation...
- Sexual abuse of children. Forsythe, Elizabeth // Journal of the Royal Society of Medicine;Jun1988, Vol. 81 Issue 6, p361
Information about several papers discussed at a meeting on sexual abuse of children is presented. Some of the participants of the event includes Enid Ralphs, Christina Gorna, Eileen Vizard, Dora Black and Brendan McCarthy. Speakers presented cases about sexual abuse and discussed the needs of...
- With funding bill vetoed, what's next for 853s? Banks, Clarisse Butler // New York Teacher;10/15/2009, Vol. 51 Issue 3, p14
Information on the session of union leaders and staff from New York State United Teachers (NYSUT) on bargaining and laws affecting the schools is presented. The union has decided to continue in pressing the bill that will allow Special Act and 853 Schools to maintain a fund balance from year to...
- William B. Hoyt public policy symposium on child abuse and neglect. // Human Ecology;Fall93, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p10
Highlights the William B. Hoyt Public Policy Symposium on Child Abuse and Neglect held at the Cornell University on April 29, 1994. Participants; Background history of the symposium.