COMING TO TERMS WITH TITLE II
- FCC PONDERS NET AUTHORITY. Eggerton, John // Multichannel News;4/19/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 16, p3
Information about the topics discussed at a hearing by the Senate Commerce Committee in April 2010 in Washington is presented. The topic was focused on the implementation of the National Broadband Plan by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC). According to Julius Genachowski, chairman of...
- Catching Flak on Neutrality. // Multichannel News;10/19/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 39, p16
The article focuses on the expansion of the network neutrality rules for wireless and wired broadband as proposed by Federal Communications Commission (FCC) chairman Julius Genachowski. It states that antidiscrimination provisions for Internet service providers are also included in the proposal...
- ISPs Improve the 'Speed Gap' Eggerton, John // Multichannel News;8/8/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 31, p16
The article offers information on a technical paper regarding the gap between actual and advertised speed from the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) in May 2011, wherein FCC chairman Julius Genachowski has urged internet service providers (ISPs) to improve the gap.
- Untitled. Grant, Ian // Computer Weekly;9/29/2009, p50
The article reports that the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) chairman Julius Genachowski confirmed the principle of net neutrality to preserve the free and open Internet. Genachowski said that he would stop Internet service providers (ISPs) from discriminating against particular...
- National Urban League Report "Connects the Dots" Between Broadband and Jobs. Morial, Marc H. // Tennessee Tribune;5/10/2012, Vol. 23 Issue 20, p10A
The article presents the views of the U.S. Federal Communication Commission's chairman Julius Genachowski on topics related to the broadband communication systems, digital learning and economic issues.
- The Same Democrat Remains in Charge at FCC -- For Now. // Radio World;12/ 5/2012, p8
The article focuses on the achievements and current status of Federal Communications Commission (FCC) under the supervision of its present chairman Julius Genachowski in the U.S. It also briefs about several contenders for being the successor of Julius Genachowski in 2013 election. Further, the...
- Genachowski Defends Broadband Stance. Eggerton, John // Multichannel News;6/14/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 24, p4
The article notes the defense made by U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) chairman Julius Genachowski on the reclassification of broadband service under new regulations of the commission.
- FCC proposes clearing 40MHz of MSS spectrum for mobile broadband use. // Broadcast Engineering Exclusive Insight;3/28/2012, p17
The article discusses the Notice of (NO) Proposed Rulemaking and NO Inquiry from the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) which were aimed at clearing 40-Megahertz of Mobile Satellite Service (MSS) spectrum for mobile broadband use. FCC Chairman Julius Genachowski said that regulatory...
- FCC Submits Plan to Expand Broadband. // Channel Insider;3/17/2010, p1
The article reports on the recommendations of the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to expand the Internet speeds by up to 25 times for mobile broadband services for the poor and rural areas. A national broadband plan that aims to expand access, increase Internet speeds and shift...