Resistant microbes remain threat to patients, IOM says
- Deaths form C. difficile increasing. Foxhall, Kathryn // Drug Topics;12/15/2008, Vol. 152 Issue 13, pH6
Information on the topics discussed at the annual joint meeting of the American Society for Microbiology and the Infectious Disease Society of America in Washington in 2008. It presents the studies that show the relationship between Clostridium difficile (C. difficile) and various medications....
- Anacor Pharmaceuticals to Present New Data on AN2728 and GSK '052 at Upcoming Meetings. // Biomedical Market Newsletter;5/7/2011, p595
The article offers information on several events related to the biomedical industry from May 5-9, 2011 including 2011 Society for Investigative Dermatology (SID) Annual Meeting, 21st European Congress of Clinical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases, and one about safety, tolerability, and...
- July 2005. // European Journal of Clinical Microbiology & Infectious Diseases;Jul2005, Vol. 24 Issue 7, p504
The article presents information on various meetings related to the field of clinical microbiology, to be held in 2005 and 2006. Peer Review and Biomedical Publication will be held on September 15-17, 2005 in Chicago. 45th Interscience Conference of Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy will be...
- The Far-Reaching Impact of Antimicrobial Resistance. Rehm, Susan J.; Weber, J. Todd // Clinical Infectious Diseases;9/1/2007 Supplement, Vol. 45, pS97
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including Robert C. Moellering's keynote address concerning antimicrobial chemotherapy, a review on technological advances in rapid diagnostics, and John Powers' insight on the drug approval process in the U.S.
- 2003 Annual Conference on Antimicrobial Resistance: Science--Prevention--Control. // Emerging Infectious Diseases;May2003, Vol. 9 Issue 5, p611
Presents information on the 2003 Annual Conference on Antimicrobial Resistance: Science--Prevention--Control to be held in Bethesda, Maryland on June 23-25, 2003. Sponsors; Contact information.
- Education, judicious use necessary to combat escalating antibiotic resistance. Foster, Melissa; Zacharyczuk, Colleen // Infectious Diseases in Children;Mar2010, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p18
This article discusses a study on a pattern of escalating antimicrobial resistance in the U.S. and other countries, presented at the 2010 Conference on Antimicrobial Resistance held in Bethesda, Maryland, from February 1 to 3.
- Tell it like it is. Loos, Trent // High Plains Journal;11/19/2012, Vol. 130 Issue 48, p17-B
The article discusses the symposium entitled "A One Health Approach to Antimicrobial Use and Resistance: A Dialogue for Common Purpose," sponsored by the organization National Institute for Animal Agriculture that was held in Columbus, Ohio.
- Annual Conference on Antimicrobial Resistance, June 23-25, 2008. // MMWR: Morbidity & Mortality Weekly Report;1/25/2008, Vol. 57 Issue 3, p73
The article offers information on the Annual Conference on Antimicrobial Resistance to be held on June 23-25, 2008, at the Hyatt Regency Bethesda hotel in Bethesda, Maryland.
- 2003 Conference on Antimicrobial Resistance. // MMWR: Morbidity & Mortality Weekly Report;4/11/2003, Vol. 52 Issue 14, p316
Presents information on the 2003 Conference on Antimicrobial Resistance from June 23 to 25, 2003 in Bethesda, Maryland. Sponsors of the event; Contact information.