MEETINGS AND SYMPOSIA
- In This Issue... // California Management Review;Spring76, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p2
The article presents abstracts of articles appearing in the issue, including "Multinational Corporations Versus Organized Labor: Divergent Views on Domestic Unemployment," by Michael G. Harvey and Roger A. Kerin, "Bank Management and Inflation," by David A. Alhadeff, and "Management and the...
- Management Insights. // Management Science;Jul2008, Vol. 54 Issue 7, piv
The article presents abstracts on topics in management science which include the inability of top performing employees to succeed when they change employers, research on whether long standing companies should try to expand into new industries, and whether professional service providers are able...
- HRM IN TRANSITION IN CROATIAN SUBSIDIARIES OF MNCS IN LINE WITH A CENTRAL AND EASTERN EUROPEAN SURVEY - 2010. Barisic, Anton Florijan; Po�r, J�zsef // Enterprise Odyssey. International Conference Proceedings;2012, p108
An abstract of the article "HRM in Transition in Croatian Subsidiaries of MNCS in Line With a Central and Eastern European Survey - 2010," by Anton Florijan Barisic and Jï¿½zsef Poï¿½r is presented.
- Studies reveal knowledge transfer is more effective in informal situations. Grugulis, Irena // People Management;5/16/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 10, p50
Presents summary of articles about the effectivity of knowledge transfer. 'Company-Based Education Programmes: What's the Pay-Off for Employers?,' by G. Martin, J. Pate and P. Beaumont, which appeared in a 2001 issue of the 'Human Resource Management Journal.'
- Personnel & staff development. Zemke, Ron; Pratt, Allan // Journal of Academic Librarianship;Jul95, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p332
Presents abstracts of literature on personnel and staff development. Includes `Planned People Obsolescence,' by Alan Downs published in the February 1995 issue of `Training'; `Reactions of Academic Librarians to Job Loss Through Downsizing: An Exploratory Study,' by Gloria J. Leckie and Becky...
- The JAL guide to the professional literature: Personnel & staff development. Altman, Ellen; Pratt, Allan // Journal of Academic Librarianship;Mar1996, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p159
Presents abstracts of professional literature on library personnel and staff development. Includes the article `Motivating Student Employees: Examples from Collections Conservation,' by Brian J. Baird; Book `Personal Professional Development and the Solo Librarian,' by Sue Lacey Bryant.
- Abstracts. Grabowski, Stanley // Training & Development Journal;Mar1974, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p54
Presents abstracts of studies in human resource development published in various periodicals as of March 1974. Includes 'Apprenticeship Dropouts: Cause and Effect,' by Virginia E. O'Leary; 'An Organized Evaluation of management Training,' from the U.S. Civil Service Commission; 'The Hawthorne...
- The JAL guide to the professional literature: Personnel & staff development. Altman, Ellen; Pratt, Allan // Journal of Academic Librarianship;Jan1996, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p73
Presents abstracts of professional literature on personnel and staff development. Includes an abstract of the article `Encouraging Research Through Electronic Mentoring: A Case Study,' by Tami Echavarria, W. Bede Mitchell et al published in `College & Research Libraries,' dated July 1995.
- HUMAN RESOURCES DEVELOPMENT ABSTRACTS. DeCrow, Roger // Training & Development Journal;Feb71, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p45
Discusses the abstracts of literature on human resources development. 'Equipment-Device Task Commonality Analysis and Transfer of Training,' by Paul W. Caro; 'Automated Instruction and Performance Monitoring in Flight Simulator Training,' by V. Fanconti, C.P.L. Mortimer and D.W. Simpson; ...