FCC PONDERS NET AUTHORITY
- FCC: LightSquared Mustn't Mess With GPS. EGGERTON, JOHN // Multichannel News;8/22/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 32, p26
The article focuses on the statement of Julius Genachowski, chairman of the Federal Communications Commission (FCC), on the proposal of LightSquare Co. on hybrid satellite and terrestrial broadband wireless service during FCC monthly meeting on August 9, 2011. According to Genachowski, the...
- THE 2010 CABLE SHOW. Santo, Brian; Robuck, Mike; Kuhl, Craig // CED;Jun2010, Vol. 36 Issue 5, p16
Information about several topics discussed at the 2010 Cable Show is presented. The event featured the demo sessions and EBIF application from executives including Comcast chairman Brian Roberts, FCC chairman Julius Genachowski, and Ericsson vice president Michael Adams. The service providers...
- Consumer Advisory Committee. Freedman, William D. // Federal Register (National Archives & Records Service, Office of;10/24/2011, Vol. 76 Issue 205, p65726
The article offers information on the U.S. Federal Communications Commission's (FCC) Consumer Advisory Committee meeting to be held on November 4, 2011 at the Commission's Headquarters Building in Washington, D.C.
- FCC Will Open Up Gateway Issue. SPANGLER, TODD // Multichannel News;4/5/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 14, p12
The article offers information on an open meeting of the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) which is going to be held on April 21, 2010.
- COMING TO TERMS WITH TITLE II. EGGERTON, JOHN // Multichannel News;5/17/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 20, p3
The article offers information on the Cable Show 2010 meeting related to the reclassification of high-speed Internet service under Title II regulations, held in Los Angeles, California. U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) chairman Julius Genachowski and general counsel Austin Schlick...
- 2009 Future of Music Coalition Summit. Fife, Bruce // International Musician;Dec2009, Vol. 107 Issue 12, p3
Information on the Policy Summit of the Future of Music Coalition (FMC) that was held in Washington, D.C. on October 4-6, 2009 is presented. Topics include the significant role of the Internet in the music industry, the introduction of the music service Spotify, and issues of intellectual...
- The Global Net Neutrality Debate. Goth, Greg // IEEE Internet Computing;Jul/Aug2010, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p7
The article focuses on the global debate over Internet neutrality and equitable network access. In the U.S., Federal Communications Commission (FCC) Chairman Julius Genachowski has introduced the Third Way which would reclassify broadband transmission to regulate Internet service providers...
- FCC News. // QST;May2009, Vol. 93 Issue 5, p74
The article announces that Julius Genachowski was appointed as Federal Communications Commission (FCC) Chairman.
- Broadband Can Enable 'Saver' Apps. Eggerton, John // Multichannel News;10/12/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 38, p12
Information about the U.S. Federal Communications Commission field hearing held in San Diego, California focusing on mobile broadband is presented. The event highlights the views of several panelists regarding the need to focus on saver applications that could offer life-saving or life-enhancing...