NOTABLE TRENDS OF 'TOMORROW'
- Software, Content Deals Abound at Western Show. Stump, Matt // Multichannel News;12/11/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 50, p37
Reports on the United States cable television industry show Western Show 2000 held in Los Angeles, California. Interactive television software and contents introduced by vendors during the event.
- Cable leaders: Co-opt competition. McConnell // Broadcasting & Cable;10/04/99, Vol. 129 Issue 41, p24
Highlights discussions at the Interface XIII conference sponsored by the periodical `Broadcasting & Cable' held on September 27, 1999 in Washington, D.C. Necessity for the cable television industry to create new content and develop technology; Skepticism on World Wide Web model presented by...
- CTAM Conclave Connects for Industry. Stump, Matt // Multichannel News;11/12/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 46, p3
Highlights the Cable and Telecommunications Association for Marketing's Broadband Opportunity Conference held in Vienna, Virginia. Views on the future of interactive television services and digital penetration by several cable executives; Topics emphasized by the speakers; Updates regarding...
- Interactive TV carries on. Moch, Chrissy // Telephony;12/13/99, Vol. 237 Issue 24, p16
Updates on interactive TV technology initiatives that are expected to be announced at the 1999 Western Cable Show in Los Angeles. Includes Scientific-Atlanta's Explorer 6000, a set-top box that integrates DAVIC and DOCSIS standards; Two Way TV's real-time, interactive games on digital TV and...
- Setting Up the Mousetrap. Larson, Megan // MediaWeek;12/04/2000, Vol. 10 Issue 47, p16
Offers a look at the media service offerings of cable television firms at the 2000 Western Cable Show in Los Angeles, California. Problems facing the cable television industry in 2001; Limitation of interactive television; Companies offering interactive applications; Television service offerings...
- Panelists Peg Content As Key ITV Driver. Forkan, Jim // Multichannel News;10/30/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 44, p3
Focuses on the conference on interactive television (ITV) sponsored by Myers Reports Inc. in New York. Issues on the impact of ITV on advertising; Forecast on the success of ITV; Considerations of advertisers in participating in ITV; Role of media content and sports in the success of ITV;...
- ITV Via IP Networks? Creators Need STB Help. Arlen, Gary // Multichannel News;07/31/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 31, p40
Comments on developments related to interactive television (ITV) in the United States as of July 31, 2000. Highlights of the American Film Institute-Intel Enhanced Television Workshop held in Los Angeles, California; ITV programs featured during the workshop.
- East Coast Show Expands. Hogan, Monica // Multichannel News;09/04/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 36, p9
Focuses on the cable television trade show East Coast Cable 2000 organized by the Atlantic Cable Partners in Baltimore, Maryland. Increase in number of exhibitors; Highlights of the trade show.
- Milia aims to drive up demand for ITV. Ryan, Leslie // Electronic Media;02/19/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 8, p8
Reports on the 2001 Milia Conference held in Cannes, France. Highlights of the conference; Focus on developments related to interactive television.