Diverse group meets to improve medication use in rural areas
- Enhancing the rational use of new medicines across European health care systems. Garattini, Silvio; Bertele', Vittorio; Godman, Brian; Haycox, Alan; Wettermark, Björn; Gustafsson, Lars L. // European Journal of Clinical Pharmacology;Dec2008, Vol. 64 Issue 12, p1137
Information about a two day meeting of 33 leading health care professionals form European Union countries on enhancing the rational use of new medicines in European health care systems is presented. Topic includes the optimization of the use of new technologies by health care services in Europe....
- 15th Annual National Conference on Rural Health to be Held in DC. // American Journal of Public Health;Feb1992, Vol. 82 Issue 2, p214
The National Rural Health Association will hold its 15th annual national conference on rural health, "Rural Health: Caring for the Country," on May 6-9, 1992 in Washington DC.
- Rural health: Different issues, different answers. Gilmore, Victoria // Australian Nursing Journal;Jun2005, Vol. 12 Issue 11, p15
Highlights a conference that was hosted by members of the National Rural Health Alliance in Alice Springs, Northern Australian Territory in early 2005. Difference of the conference from other health-centered convention; Agenda of the convention; Issues addressed during the conference.
- Rural hospital nurses look to the future. L. T. K. // New Zealand Doctor;6/20/2007, p16
The article highlights the issues discussed during a rural health symposium convened by Mobile Surgical Services and the Te Waipounamu Rural Health Unit in New Zealand. Jan Fearnley emphasized the need for training and a clinical career pathway for rural hospital nurses. Nurses also expressed...
- Congress: Pharmacy's message being heard. // Pharmacy Today;Jul2009, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p1
Information about the annual American Pharmacists Association (APhA) Academies Leadership Meeting in the U.S. is presented. Topics included the medication-use crisis, the significance of studies, programs and demonstration projects on pharmacists to deliver cost-effective care, and the role of...
- New rural alliance planned. // New Zealand Doctor;2/29/2012, p8
The article reports that a national alliance of groups working for rural health will be launched at the New Zealand Rural General Practice Network conference in New Zealand.
- unprecedented. Linden, Todd // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;Dec2010, Vol. 84 Issue 12, p64
The article offers information on the Rural Health Care Leadership Conference, which will be held in Phoenix, Arizona on January 30-February 2, 2011.
- 2012 Annual Rural Health Conference Goes Disney. // Rural Health Advocate;3/15/2012, p1
The article offers information on the California State Rural Health Association's 2012 Annual Rural Health Conference to be held at the Disneyland Resort Grand Hotel in Southern California on November 13-14, 2012.
- CONFERENCES. Roszak, Dennis J. // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;Nov2004, Vol. 78 Issue 11, p92
Presents a calendar of events related to the health care system in the U.S. from November 2004 to January 2005. The Radiological Society of North America 90th Scientific Assembly and Annual Meeting in Chicago, Illinois; 16th National Forum on Quality Improvement in Health Care in Orlando,...