East Asia Summit: Regional Unity Decades Away
- Patterns of inter- and intra-regional inequality: A socio-economic approach. Majumder, Amita; Mazumdar, Krishna // Social Indicators Research;Mar95, Vol. 34 Issue 3, p325
Studies the regional development patterns of the North American, South American, Tropical American, Tropical Asian, and Tropical African regions with the use of indices based on a group of representative socio-economic indicators. Measures of inequality and mobility as bases of analysis.
- Increasing returns and economic growth: Some evidence for manufacturing from the European Union... Fingleton, B.; McCombie, J.S.L. // Oxford Economic Papers;Jan98, Vol. 50 Issue 1, p89
Focuses on the role of increasing returns to scale empirically explaining economic growth rate disparities. Examination of the Verdoorn law; Interpretation of the Verdoorn law; How data was collected; Analysis of data.
- The TOPSIS Analysis on Regional Disparity of Economic Development in Zhejiang Province. DAI Xiajing; ZHANG Junjie // Canadian Social Science;2011, Vol. 7 Issue 5, p135
This paper is aimed to evaluate the regional disparity of economic development in Zhejiang Province. According the principals of the criteria and the practical situation of the 11 cities, this paper makes the analysis by TOPSIS method through ten indicators, with the data from 2007 to 2009. This...
- ASEAN Rubber Conference planned. // Rubber World;May2009, Vol. 240 Issue 2, p44
The article offers information on the 2009 Rubber Conference of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) to be held on June18-20, 2009 at the Don Chan Palace in Vientiane, Laos.
- SECURITY QUANDARY IN SOUTHEAST ASIA. // ASEANAffairs;2009, Vol. 3 Issue 4, p64
The article offers information on the regional security forum of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (Asean) which will be held in Phuket, a resort island which is 600 kilometers south of Bangkok, Thailand.
- A MULTIFACTORIAL STATISTICAL MODEL FOR DEVELOPMENT REGIONS HIERARCHY IN ROMANIA. AVRĂMESCU, TIBERIU CRISTIAN // Annals of the University of Petrosani Economics;2012, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p39
Hierarchy of administrative units using an index of development is particularly important in measuring of economic disparities between the Romanian regions. Knowing regional dispartities, we can determine accurately regional development policy priorities and provide supports for regional...
- The Social - Economic Evolution of Prahova County. Ţegledi, Adriana Monica // Petroleum - Gas University of Ploiesti Bulletin, Technical Serie;2012, Vol. 64 Issue 3, p105
In Romania, the administrative structure comprises a regional and a local level. The regional level comprises 41 counties and the local one is split into 265 of cities, out of which 84 municipalities and 2,688 communes. Each development region includes several counties. The development regions...
- THE RUSSIAN FEDERATION STATE PROGRAM Â«SOCIO-ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT OF THE FAR EAST AND THE BAIKAL REGIONÂ». Minakir, P. A.; Prokapalo, O. M. // Spatial Economics;2013, Vol. 1 Issue 33, p103
The article assesses draft versions of two program documents of socio-economic development of the Far East and the Baikal Region which were prepared by the Ministry of Regional Development of the Russian Federation and the Ministry of the Russian Federation for Development of the Far East. It is...
- THE ECONOMIC EVALUATION OF THE DANUBE ROMANIAN REGIONAL POTENTIAL AND POSSIBILITIES OF ITS GROWING. Buhociu, Florin Marian // Annals of the University Dunarea de Jos of Galati: Fascicle II, ;2013, Vol. 36 Issue 2, p441
Our paper represents a vision of the Romanian Danube Zone which is integrated in the UE Danube Strategy. This river is the second in Europe whose length is of about 2857 km. It connects ten countries and four capitals. This Strategy is included in Europe Strategy 2020. Our purpose is to realise...