The Sustainability Equation
- Briefs. // Food Management;Dec2011, Vol. 46 Issue 12, p42
This section offers news briefs about the foodservice industry, including Truitt Brothers Inc. co-founder Peter Truitt's receipt of the 2011 Bounty of Oregon Award, a management team restructuring at Phillips Foods' sales and marketing departments and Tanzer Tok's appointment as assistant...
- 'Green' policies, healthy employees good for business, FCSI conference panelists advise. Cobb, Catherine R. // Nation's Restaurant News;11/5/2007, Vol. 41 Issue 44, p66
The article highlights the Food Service Consultants Society International's North American Conference held in Atlanta, Georgia in October 2007. According to panelists, the time is right for North American restaurant operators to focus on green policies. Restaurant operators are taking...
- 'Green,' security and mobile issues among hot topics during FS/TEC supplier exec exchange. Frumkin, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;10/29/2007, Vol. 41 Issue 43, p30
The article reports on the discussion among technology company executives on major industry trends during the 2007 International Foodservice Technology Exposition in Atlanta, Georgia. Sustainability and environmental concerns were acknowledged as key drivers of the decision-making- process among...
- Taking another step back. Vermeulen, Amanda // Finance Week;9/6/2002, p4
Focuses on the outcome of the World Summit on Sustainable Development. Issues raised by the delegation from Zimbabwe; Concentration of the summit on the plight of the poor; Solidarity of the blacks.
- Conference to highlight sustainability issues. Schliesman, Kyle // Inside Tucson Business;9/3/2001, Vol. 11 Issue 24, p9
Previews a conference on sustainable development in Tucson, Arizona, on September 10-12, 2001. Participants; Session topics; Key speakers; Event highlights.
- Cleaning Up Poverty. // Scholastic News -- Senior Edition;9/20/2002, Vol. 71 Issue 3, p2
Focuses on the role of children in the World Summit on Sustainable Development held in Johannesburg, South Africa on August 26, 2002.
- AICC and CPA Host Executive Conference. // Official Board Markets;8/16/2008, Vol. 84 Issue 33, p13
The article offers information on the "Sustainable Business Executive Briefing and Conference" to be held at the Marriott O'Hare in Chicago on October 22-23, 2008.
- Rio+20. Tandon, Nidhi // Foreign Policy in Focus;4/9/2012, p3
The article offers information on the United Nations Conference on Sustainable Development-Rio +20 to be held in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil in June 2012, focusing on the theme of a green economy in the context of sustainable development and poverty eradication.
- Agenda. McMackin, Jason // Missoula Independent;6/21/2012, Vol. 23 Issue 25, p12
The article focuses on the 4th Annual Garden City Localfest of the Missoula Sustainable Business Council that was held on June 14, 2012.