Patient Safety in North America: Beyond "Operate Through Your Initials" and "Sign Your Site"
- Calendar of Events. // O&P Business News;4/15/2007, Vol. 16 Issue 8, p6
The section presents a calendar of events related to orthopedics for 2007. The National Osteoporosis Foundation's Seventh International Symposium on Osteoporosis will be held in Washington D. C. from April 18-22. The Ohio Orthotics and Prosthetics Association Annual Spring Meeting will be held...
- Missouri Hosts Candidate Forum. Treece, Brian // AAOS Now;Jul2012, Vol. 6 Issue 7, p25
Information about the Orthopaedic Federal Candidates Forum during its 43rd Annual Meeting of the Missouri State Orthopaedic Association (MSOA) in St. Louis in 2012 is presented. Topics include the stance of congressional candidates on orthopaedic healthcare issues, the impact of orthopaedic care...
- calendar. // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;Oct2009, Vol. 83 Issue 10, p62
A calendar of events for the health care industry to be held in the U.S. from November to December 2009 is presented including the Annual meeting of the Healthcare Association of Hawaii in Honolulu, the American Academy of Medical Administrators Conference in Las Vegas, Nevada and the...
- FORTHCOMING MEETINGS 2009. // West Indian Medical Journal;Mar2009, Vol. 58 Issue 2, p192
A calendar of meetings for Jamaican areas on March 26-June 25, 2009 is presented which includes conferences titled "Nephrology and Hypertension Conference," "Association of Surgeons in Jamaica Annual conference," and "Medical Association of Jamaica."
- From gene therapy to treatments for new kinds of battlefield injuries. Morrison, Trista // Biomedical Business & Technology;Mar2007, Vol. 30 Issue 3, p1
The article offers information on the 74th annual meeting of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons. The event featured a variety of outreach activities, and exhibits and presentations focused on gender-specific materials for orthopedic therapy and technologies featuring computer-guided...
- Making orthopaedics more diverse. McKee, Jennie // AAOS Now;Jun2010, Vol. 4 Issue 6, p46
Information about the Student National Medical Association's (SNMA) 2010 Annual Medical Education Conference in Chicago, Illinois is presented. Topics include orthopaedic mentoring programs, hands-on demonstrations of orthopaedic surgical tools, and questions and answers about the orthopaedic...
- Favorable results reported with implant for proximal humerus fractures. // Orthopedics Today;Jun2014, Vol. 34 Issue 6, p16
The article focuses on a research presented at the International Society for Fracture Repair Conference in New York on May 14-17, 2014 which demonstrated the use of a radiolucent carbon fiber plate for proximal humerus fractures.
- Shoulder arthropathy outcomes 3 decades after Bristow repair for instability described. // Orthopedics Today;Apr2014, Vol. 34 Issue 4, p16
The article discusses research presented by physician Lennart Hovelius at the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons that was held from March 11-15, 2014 in New Orleans, Louisiana, describing shoulder arthropathy outcomes three decades after Bristow-Latarjet repair for instability.
- Study details method to make anatomic ACL femoral tunnels. // Orthopedics Today;Aug2012, Vol. 32 Issue 8, p16
The article discusses a study by Alexander D. Davis and colleagues, which found helpful guidelines for anatomical femoral tunnel placement in anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) reconstruction.