SMX West 2009: Search Players Are Changing
- Conference on California's Future. Veen, Chad Vander // Government Technology;Jul2008, Vol. 21 Issue 7, p12
The article discusses the highlights of the annual Government Technology Conference (GTC) West held in Sacramento, California from May 12 to 16, 2008. GTC tackled the issue of how technology will shape California government in the future. Among the notable people who attended the event are...
- Internationalized domain names spark debate. // Network World;11/6/2006, Vol. 23 Issue 43, p3
Information about the multilingual Internet and internationalized domain names discussed at United Nations-sponsored Internet Governance Forum in Athens, Greece is presented. Speakers are very interest to argue about the uses of internationalized domain names. The symposium features European...
- The shortage of Internet addresses. Corbit, Terry // Credit Management;Apr2007, p28
Information about the shortage of Internet addresses that was discussed at the World Economic Forum held in Davos, Switzerland on January 26, 2007 is presented. Vinton Cerf assesses that the massive demands being placed on the Internet could soon see the network out of web addresses. He reveals...
- Vinton Cerf. // People;12/26/94, Vol. 42 Issue 26, p69
Features Vinton Cerf, voted one of `People' magazine's twenty-five most intriguing people of 1994. How he became known as the Father of the Internet; How he cowrote the Internet Protocol; Personal history; His work as president of the Internet Society.
- ICANN needs new priorities. // eWeek;11/10/2003, Vol. 20 Issue 45, p54
The article reports on the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names & Numbers (ICANN). It says that military historians have long looked to carthage for examples of the power of decisive action and unconventional methods, so it's fitting that the Tunisian city was the site of what Internet...
- Net Initiatives for Tough Times. Shamel, Cindy // Searcher;Mar2010, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p36
The article discusses the highlights of the Internet Librarian 2009 conference. Three keynote presentations include the interview with transmission control protocol (TCP) and internet protocol (IP) co-inventor Vint Cerf, the interview with New York Library director of programs Paul...
- Cerf: Net shortage looms. Trager, Louis // Inter@ctive Week;02/09/98, Vol. 5 Issue 5, p7
Reports that Vinton Cerf, the Internet pioneer, is preventing an imminent onslaught of wired appliances from swamping the Net, while trying to kick-start the stalled Internet Protocol version 6 specification. What the industry is allowing router vendors to do; Comments from Cerf.
- Notable quote. Cerf, Vinton G. // Telecommunications - Americas Edition;Mar95, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p20
Presents a quote by Vinton G. Cerf on effect of Internet on society.
- Net-cerfing. Karpinski, Richard // Telephony;1/31/94, Vol. 226 Issue 5, p48
Reports on transmission control protocol/Internet protocol (TCP/IP) co-creator and Internet key designer Vinton Cerf's description of the Internet as an incubator for ideas and concepts. Emergence of electronic publishing as an Internet application; Problems with dealing with copyrights and...