FICP TALK RADIO: MEETINGS A MUST
- Sharpening the ax is great investment. Adkins, Ben // Fort Worth Business Press;10/24/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 41, p9
Focuses on the advantages of attending conferences and training classes. Importance of training and development to employees and businesspeople; Advantages of growth to employees and corporate executives.
- Tendencias de formaciÃ³n. López, Ángel // Capital Humano;Oct2010, Vol. 23 Issue 247, p32
No abstract available.
- Larry Roth. Sullivan, John // Investment Advisor;May2013, Vol. 33 Issue 5, p30
The article presents information on Larry Roth chairman of the Financial Services Institut (FSI), chairman of the Insured Retirement Institute and president and chief executive officer (CEO) of Advisor Group.
- IN BRIEF. // Training Magazine;Apr2004, p4
Presents news briefs on employee training in Great Britain as of April 2004. Information on a continuing professional development scheme of the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants; Course for managers offered by the Sussex County Cricket Club; Details on the second annual conference...
- the five biggest mistakes managers make in recognizing their employees. Schaefer, John // Supervision;Oct2009, Vol. 70 Issue 10, p19
The article discusses the five biggest mistakes executives commit in giving recognition to their people. It stresses that recognition programs and incentives are deemed manipulative by employees but they value the genuine interactions of managers with them. Executives are advised to coordinate...
- MAKING A MANAGER. Willett, David // Aftermarket Business;Sep2006, Vol. 116 Issue 9, p26
The article focuses on the steps that are involved in the process of developing a good manager. Efforts should be made at the very start to hire the best managers, which may involve developing a pool out of the candidates that pass the initial screening and interviewing process. Development and...
- FLANDERS ELECTRIC GOES HEAD-TO-HEAD WITH ELECTRICAL ENGINEERS. JENSEN, JED E. // Coal Age;Nov2010, Vol. 115 Issue 11, p42
Information about several papers discussed at Flanders Electric Electrical Engineers Technical Conference on mining is presented. Topics include Ward Leonard loop control and protection, power quality, and synchronous motor control. The participants focused on the high-level technical training...
- Advisor Group Looking to Buy Mid-Sized B/Ds, Large OSJs. Britton, Diana // Registered Rep Exclusive Insight;3/6/2012, p1
The article discusses the highlights of the 2012 AIG Advisory Group Women's Conference held in Los Angeles, California. AIG president and chief executive officer (CEO) Larry Roth stressed that he is expecting continued broker/dealer (b/d) consolidation. SagePoint president Jeff Auld reported on...
- An Ounce of Prevention:Words Every Training Rollout Should Live By. Mosher, Bob // Chief Learning Officer;May2004, Vol. 3 Issue 5, p19
Provides insights into managing business training. Need to embrace effective strategies of learning initiatives; Variation in the use of language depending on the stakeholders in the training; Dependence of success of business training on the ability to bring the message home to everyone involved.