- Physician/company ties draw close look by audience, media. Stommen, Jim // Biomedical Business & Technology;Jun2008, Vol. 31 Issue 6, p10
The article discusses the highlights of the 2008 annual meeting of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS) that was held in Rosemont, Illinois. According to the meeting attendees, there has seen an increase in interest in concerns over physician-industry relationships. Media...
- Directions for Future Research. Pearle, Andrew D. // Journal of Bone & Joint Surgery, American Volume;Feb2009 Supplement 1, Vol. 91-A Issue S1, p159
Information about several papers discussed at a symposium sponsored by the American Association of Orthopaedic Surgeons on imaging and computer-assisted surgery of the knee and hip research topics is presented. Topics include the clinical impact of computer-assisted surgery, integration of...
- Developmental Biology in Orthopaedics. Alman, Benjamin A.; Horton, William A. // Journal of Bone & Joint Surgery, American Volume;Mar2007, Vol. 89-A Issue 3, p668
Information about several papers discussed at the 2006 American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons' Research Symposium held in October 2006 in Toronto, Ontario is presented. Participants identified several areas of focus for future research including the use of pharmacologic agents and the...
- Society News. // AAOS Now;May2012, Vol. 6 Issue 5, p49
The article offers news briefs for the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS). The Cervical Spine Research Society (CSRS) is accepting scientific abstracts to be presented at the 2012 annual meeting. The Hip Society Rothman-Ranawat Traveling Fellowship will entertain four orthopaedic...
- Introductory Comments. Seitz Jr., William H. // Journal of Bone & Joint Surgery, American Volume;2010 Supplement 2, Vol. 92-A, p1
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the author provides an overview on the selection of the eighteen scientific exhibits during the seventy-seventh Annual Meeting of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS) including basic-science research, clinical studies and...
- Fitness findings. // American Fitness;Jul/Aug96, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p13
Presents some of the topics covered at the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons' 63rd annual meeting. Women athletes' high risk for knee injuries; Need for better safety gear for in-line skating; Wrist exercises that help prevent or decrease the median nerve pressure responsible for carpal...
- CSDP helps advance orthopaedics. // AAOS Now;Feb2011, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p48
The article offers information on the annual Clinician Scholar Development Program of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS) Research Development Committee in 2011.
- Disclose, document all off-label use, attorney says. Rapp, Susan M. // Orthopedics Today;Jul2009, Vol. 29 Issue 7, p44
The article discusses the highlights of a symposium held at the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons 76th Annual Meeting in Las Vegas, Nevada, from February 25 to 28, 2009.
- Young investigators sought. // AAOS Now;Nov2011, Vol. 5 Issue 11, p44
The article offers information on the 2012 American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS)/Orthopaedic Research Society (ORS) Femoroacetabular Impingement (FAI) Research Symposium to be held on May 9-11, 2012 in Chicago, Illinois wherein AAOS is sponsoring five Young Investigator participants.