TechSpin: Optimism and Concern at ETRE
- Hudson Valley Alliance for Smart Growth explores the new landscape. Keegan, Theresa // Hudson Valley Business Journal;5/18/2009, Vol. 19 Issue 19, p7
Information about the workshop on Smart growth held at Seven 21 Media Center in Kingston, New York in May 2009 is presented. The event was hosted by the Hudson Valley Smart Growth Alliance with keynote speaker David Milder, president of Danth Inc., who forecasted that the economic crisis will...
- Caribbean leaders discuss crisis at key summit. Wilkinson, Bert // New York Amsterdam News;3/12/2009, Vol. 100 Issue 11, p14
The article offers information on a summit that will be held by Caribbean leaders to discuss economic crisis.
- WORKFORCE DEVELOPMENT AND THE CHALLENGES OF HIRING. // Crain's Detroit Business;10/29/2012, Vol. 28 Issue 45, p0026
The article focuses on a forum that will explore the challenges Detroit and the region face as the economy shows signs of revitalization on November 7, 2012 at UM-Dearborn.
- Tech talk. Wolff, M.F. // Research Technology Management;May/June97, Vol. 40 Issue 3, p5
Quotes venture capitalist Tim Draper on bureaucrats' attitude toward the high technology industry.
- David Osborne to hold conference Feb. 23 in San Juan. Carmona, Jose L. // Caribbean Business;2/15/2007, Vol. 35 Issue 6, p10
The article offers information on the conference about financial crisis organized by David Osborne to be held in San Juan, Puerto Rico on February 23, 2007.
- Community meeting to discuss the economic crisis. // Minnesota Spokesman-Recorder;11/20/2008, Vol. 74 Issue 16, p5
The article offers information on a large community meeting initiated by the Economic Crisis Action Group which intends to respond to the economic crisis to be held in 2009 in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
- 'Business Press' hosts financial forum. Forester, Crystal // Fort Worth Business Press;11/10/2008, Vol. 20 Issue 44, p4
The article offers information on "Preparing For & Surviving," a forum to be hosted by the "Fort Worth Business Press" and the Neeley School of Business at Texas Christian University, to prepare businesses to face economic challenges caused by the current financial crisis.
- Seeking consensus on monetary union. Melly, Paul // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;11/14/2008, Vol. 52 Issue 46, p48
The article offers information on the GNU Compiler Collection (GCC) to be held in Muscat, Oman in December 2008.
- Future technologies for optical and infrared telescopes and instruments. Cunningham, Colin // Experimental Astronomy;Aug2009, Vol. 26 Issue 1-3, p179
The theme of this conference is the evolution of telescopes over the last 400 years. I present my view on what the major leaps of technology have been, and attempt to predict what new technologies could come along in the next 50 years to change the way we do astronomy and help us make new...