MEDICO-DENTAL CASE RECORDS: SIXTH REPORT
- Sonic hedgehog Regulates Epithelial Proliferation and Cell Survival in the Developing Tooth Germ. Cobourne, M. T.; Hardcastle, Z.; Sharpe, P. T. // Journal of Dental Research;Nov2001, Vol. 80 Issue 11, p1974
Shh expression is highly restricted to the future sites of tooth development during the initiation of odontogenesis. This suggests a role for Shh as a proliferative factor, as localized epithelial thickenings invaginate to form a tooth bud. We have investigated this role by blocking Shh...
- Building a dynamic picture of the dental and craniofacial complex: Progress in imaging. Slavkin, Harold C. // Journal of the American Dental Association (JADA);Sep98, Vol. 129 Issue 9, p1301
Provides information on dentistry, investigating the imaging of the functioning dentition and craniofacial complex. Information on the biological risks of radiography; Details on magnetic resonance imaging; Conclusion reached on the investigation.
- Best Evidence in Orthodontics. Basdra, Efthimia K. // World Journal of Orthodontics;2008, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p93
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one on the effectiveness of the osseointegration-based mini-implant (C-Implant) in managing anterior torque control during en masse retraction of anterior dentition by employing the biocreative therapy type I and type II...
- Restorative Department Hosts Excellence in Esthetic Dentistry Lecture Series. // Penn Dental Journal;Fall2008, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p14
The article discusses the highlights of the "Excellence in Esthetic Dentistry Lecture Series," hosted by the Department of Preventive and Restorative Sciences of the University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine in Philadelphia in June 2008. It notes that Doctor Francesca Vailati of the...
- Summation. GARN, STANLEY M. // Journal of Dental Research;Jan1965, Vol. 44 Issue 1, p296
The article discusses topics that have been examined in a symposium that focused on dentofacial growth. The article suggests that researchers in the field will be examining studies of family-lines and genetic factors in the future. The article discusses chromosomal factors that influence...
- High fracture toughness. // British Dental Journal;4/24/2010, Vol. 208 Issue 8, p372
The article focuses on the capability of Radiopaque GC Gradia Direct Posterior to provide great aesthetic results due to its structure and light reflectiveness in dentition practice in Great Britain.
- Prevalence and associated factors of malocclusion in the primary dentition. MASSUIA, Juliana Mariano; CARVALHO, Wladithe Organ // RGO: Revista Gaï¿½cha de Odontologia;jul-set2012, Vol. 60 Issue 3, p329
Objective To estimate the prevalence and factors associated with malocclusion in primary dentition. Methods A cross-sectional study consisting of all children living in areas covered by the Family Health Units in the municipality of Pedra Preta - Mato Grosso. Data collection consisted of two...
- EDITOR'S VIEWPOINT. H. B. G. R. // Journal of Dental Research;Aug1952, Vol. 31 Issue 4, p453
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one on the Proceedings of the International Association for Dental Research General Session, one on the masticatory performance of the dentition of children, and one on the study of the morphogenesis of the human face...
- Erratum to: Ion migration from fluoride-releasing dental restorative materials into dental hard tissues. Gjorgievska, Elizabeta; Nicholson, John W.; Grcev, Aleksandar T. // Journal of Materials Science: Materials in Medicine;Dec2013, Vol. 24 Issue 12, p2897
A correction to the article "Ion migration from fluoride-releasing dental restorative materials into dental hard tissues" that was published online in the September 21, 2013 issue is presented.