Akhil Reed Amar
- Rescuing Search and Seizure. Budiansky, Stephen // Atlantic;Oct2000, Vol. 286 Issue 4, p34
The article discusses the United States Supreme Court's interpretation of the Fourth Amendment to the United States Constitution, which prohibits unreasonable searches and seizures. Akhil Reed Amar, a Yale Law School professor, is quoted critiquing the Court's rulings, which are said to be...
- Obama Names Yale Professor to Key Administration Post. // News India Times;5/29/2015, Vol. 46 Issue 22, p6
The article announces the nomination of Akhil Amar, Sterling Professor of Law and Political Science, as a member of the National Council on Humanities, by U.S. President Barack Obama on May 20, 2015.
- America's Constitution. Ford, Vernon // Booklist;9/1/2005, Vol. 102 Issue 1, p27
Reviews the book â€œAmerica's Constitution,â€ by Akhil Reed Amar.
- Choirs Transforming Our World: A New Initiative of the Yale International Choral Festival. Cohen, Mary L.; de Quadros, André; Douma, Jeffrey // International Choral Bulletin;2012 1st Quarter, Vol. 31 Issue 1, p40
The article offers information on the Yale International Choral Festival, symposium to be held in New Haven, Connecticut , from June 19-23, 2012.
- Sifting the Rubble at Yale. Langiulli, Nino // Academic Questions;Winter89/90, Vol. 3 Issue 1, p77
Highlights the symposium on moral education at Yale University in New Haven, Connecticut. Theme of the symposium; Participation of college teachers and students in the symposium; Session of the symposium.
- A Dialogue. Amar, Akhil Reed; Rubenfeld, Jed // Yale Law Journal;Jun2006, Vol. 115 Issue 8, p2015
The article presents a dialogue between law professors Akhil Reed Amar and Jed Rubenfeld on law-related issues. Regarding voting rights and the fourteenth amendment, Rubenfeld posed a question considering the violation of that principle. Amar presented his view about the text of the Fourteenth...
- America's Constitution: A Biography. Baldino, Thomas J. // Library Journal;8/15/2005, Vol. 130 Issue 13, p104
Reviews the book "America's Constitution: A Biography," by Akhil Reed Amar.
- WHO GOVERNS AMERICA? Quade, Vicki // Human Rights;Summer91, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p26
The article presents an interview with Constitutional scholar Akhil Reed Amar. When asked a question about the U.S. Constitution, he says that its use changes with changes in the society. He believes that it is likely that the High Court will become even more conservative. He comments that...
- A RESPONSE TO AKHIL REED AMAR'S ADDRESS ON APPLICATIONS AND IMPLICATIONS OF THE TWENTY-FIFTH AMENDMENT. Feerick, John D. // Houston Law Review;Mar2010, Vol. 47 Issue 1, p41
In this article, the author discusses the aspects of the applications and implications of the 25th Amendment in the U.S., as lectured by professor Akhil Reed Amar. The author thinks that the lecture of Amar is an invaluable contribution that deserves the attention of the legislators. The author...