Hon. Irwin Cotler
- ALAN DERSHOWITZ: THE ADVOCATE AND SCHOLAR AS JEW; THE JEW AS ADVOCATE AND SCHOLAR. Belsky, Martin H. // Albany Law Review;2008, Vol. 71 Issue 3, p927
The article features Professor Alan Dershowitz as a Jewish advocate and scholar. Dershowitz was raised in Brooklyn, New York as an observant Orthodox Jew. His participation in Jewish causes includes acts like challenging the Jewish stereotype, infusing his religious heritage in his legal topics...
- Garrett Epps. // Albany Law Review;2008, Vol. 71 Issue 3, p987
Information is presented about the talk made by Garrett Epps in honor of Professor Alan Dershowitz' work. Topics include how Dershowitz' work influenced Epps' essays, freedom of speech and the costs of free speech. The discussion ensuing from the talk features comments from Professor Dershowitz,...
- Peres, Dershowitz, Obama â€” and Pollard. // Baltimore Jewish Times;7/4/2014, Vol. 339 Issue 1, p8
The article reports on the Harvard professor Alan Dershowitz and the outgoing Israeli President Shimon Peres who summoned to President Barak Obama to grant clemency to the civilian navy Jonathan Pollard from a life sentence. Topics discussed include the former Canadian justice minister Irwin...
- Whose law? Wilson, Beth // Legaldate;Jul95, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p8
Reports on the opinion of the Alan Dershowitz, attorney of O.J. Simpson on the legal system of Australia. Defense for the United States legal system; Belief in sub judice laws.
- Defending Irwin Cotler. Harris, Ben // Jewish Telegraphic Agency: 1922 to present;6/19/2013, p1
Last week, JTA published an op-ed from U.S. Sen. Mark Kirk and former Canadian Minister of Justice Irwin Cotler arguing that, with Iranians preparing to elect a new president, it was time for the United States and Canada to increase its support for dissidents in the Islamic Republic.
- STRAIGHT TALK. Smith, Evan // Texas Monthly;Jan2004, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p36
Interviews Alan Dershowitz, a Harvard law professor and criminal-defense attorney. Popular clients; Current case that interests him; Information on the case of Claus von BÃ¼low.
- Abraham Wagner. // Albany Law Review;2008, Vol. 71 Issue 3, p1019
Information is presented on Abraham Wagner's talk honoring Professor Alan Dershowitz. Topics in his talk include what has been termed the "Global War of Terrorism," use of torture and coercion and legal status of programs setting up secret interrogation centers. Wagner raised concerns about the...
- Segal the Scholar. // Time;3/15/1971, Vol. 97 Issue 11, p56
The article focuses on the career of author Erich Segal as an academic scholar. Segal's colleagues at the Yale University have said that he is neglecting scholarship. Segal flew to Florida in March 1971 to join a group of classics professors in a symposium on "The Spirit of Comedy." He has also...
- 2012 Polanyi Society Annual Meeting Program. // Tradition & Discovery;2011/2012, Vol. 38 Issue 3, p6
The article offers information on annual meetings of the Polanyi Society and the American Academy of Religion to be held in Chicago, Illinois on November 17, 2012 which will be attended by several professors and scholars.