FPA Press Author Symposium: Your Chance to Interact With the Authors
- Celebrating New York City in Children's Literature: CIA Workshop Brings NYC to Life. Colabucci, Lesley // Journal of Children's Literature;Spring2008, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p15
Information on the workshop of the Children's Literature Assembly that took place at the National Council of Teachers of English conference in November 2007 in New York City (NYC) is presented. Several authors and illustrators offered insights into ways to share NYC with young readers through...
- Cruising for Book Sales. Osborne, Gwendolyn // Black Issues Book Review;Jul/Aug2000, Vol. 2 Issue 4, p81
Provides information on African American literary cruises. Information on the 1998 Romance Slam Jam cruise; How author Gwynne Forster sold her books during the cruise; Interaction between readers and authors; Views from Annette Vendryes Leach, president of the Black Literary Club in New York City.
- The Hunt Breakfast. // Horn Book Magazine;Jul/Aug2005, Vol. 81 Issue 4, p508
The article presents a list of guest reviewers featured in the July 2005 edition of "Hornbook Magazine." Authors featured in the issue include Kristi Elle Jemtegaard, Carolyn Shute and Deirdre F. Baker. A quote from Bertha Mahony Miller is also presented.
- Welcome to The New Yorker Festival. // New Yorker;9/15/2008, Vol. 84 Issue 28, special section p3
The article presents a schedule and program guide for the 2008 New Yorker Festival in New York City. The festival features author talks, interviews, classes, and performances. Writers presenting include Sana Krasikov, Yiyun Li, Matthew Klam, Elmore Leonard, and Joyce Carol Oates. Among those to...
- BOOK TOURIST. Pyle, Robert Michael // Orion Magazine;May/Jun2007, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p70
The article examines the author's opinions about book tours and bookstores. He notes that he never gives readings at chain bookstores because he believes they are squeezing out independent book sellers. The author also presents anecdotes from the road on a tour promoting his book, "Where Bigfoot...
- SIBA Launches First Regional Consumer Day. Rosen, Judith // Publishers Weekly;9/7/2015, Vol. 262 Issue 36, p7
The article discusses the Southern Independent Booksellers Alliance (SIBA) and the launch of its inaugural consumer events day during its annual meeting held in Raleigh, North Carolina from September 18-20, 2015. Topics include SIBA's offering of panel discussions with authors, called Triangle...
- Apple WWDC: iPhone Letdowns? Martin, Scott // Red Herring;6/6/2008, p1
The article offers information on Apple's Worldwide Developers Conference to be held in San Francisco, California in June 2008.
- RAA Convention Fast Approaching. // Regional Aviation News;4/7/2008, Vol. 26 Issue 14, p11
The article offers information on the "Congestion Pricing - Regionals in the Crosshairs" convention to be held by the Regional Airline Association in Indianapolis, Indiana.
- UPCOMING CONVENTIONS. // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);7/19/2010, Vol. 27 Issue 29, pP30
The article offers information on upcoming conventions to be held in Las Vegas, Nevada, from July 19 to August 25, 2010 including the 2010 Deafnation World Expo, Mike Ferry Organization 2010 Superstar Sales Retreat and the Nebraska Book Company Managers Meeting.