Make volunteering part of diplomas, says CIPD
- Tory citizen plan grabs attention. Cook, Stephen // Third Sector;4/13/2010, Issue 610, p15
The author comments on the British Conservative Party's plan for a National Citizen Service (NCS). According to the author, this initiative would enable 16-year-old teenagers to spend a week doing challenging physical activities and additional weeks on local community service projects. He points...
- Des Wilson's conference 97. Wilson, Des // New Statesman;10/10/97, Vol. 126 Issue 4355, p13
Comments on developments during the British Tories' October 1997 conference in Blackpool, England. Cecil Parkinson's speech appealing for party unity; Results of opinion polls regarding party leader William Hague; Political problems inherited by Hague when he assumed leadership of the party;...
- Conservative party chiefs compile agency shortlist. Ibrahim, Magda // Conference & Incentive Travel;Jun2010, p7
The article reports on the move of the Conservative Party to shortlist three agencies to handle its annual conferences and forums from 2011 in Great Britain.
- Playing down the differences. Baxter, Sarah // New Statesman & Society;10/8/93, Vol. 6 Issue 273, p20
Discusses the British Conservative Party's conference. Lack of focus of the conference; Aim of the conference; Attitude of conference goers.
- Untitled. Pearce, Edward // New Statesman & Society;10/8/93, Vol. 6 Issue 273, p21
Discusses the complacency of British Conservative Party conferences. Prevalence of a self-congratulatory mood; Lack of harmony; Effect of privatizing railways.
- Right to buy promised for association tenants. McHugh, Joseph // Public Finance;10/11/2002, p9
Reports on the policies set out at the Conservative Party conference concerning housing development in Bournemouth, England. Rejection of the proposal to extend the right to buy to housing association tenants by the housing sector; Areas of high demand for homes; Extension of the right to buy...
- LETTER FROM LLANDUDNO. Panter-Downes, Mollie // New Yorker;10/27/1956, Vol. 32 Issue 36, p151
The article highlights the conference of the British Conservative Party in Llandudno, Wales in 1956. The attendance of approximately four thousand people at the conference has benefited the seaside resort and town. The conference was in response to critical motions that the Conservative...
- Party to scrap HIPs as a matter of urgency. Stavro-Beauchamp, Laura // Mortgage Strategy;10/8/2007, p19
The article reports on the plan of the Conservative Party to reject Home Information Packs (HIPs) as a matter of urgency in Great Britain. During the party conference, a survey by London & Country has been presented which found that 65% of consumers think HIPs will affect the demand of their...
- No more Mr Lite-guy. Browne, Anthony // Public Finance;9/28/2007, p15
The article reports on the Conservative Party's conference to be held in October 2007. It predicts that the conference will be dominated by a debate on public services. The article reveals that David Cameron might face a fresh debate over his policy on grammar schools. It also discusses issues...