Where art and genetics meet
- The World Lithuanian Symposium on Arts and Sciences - Forty Years of Success. Bačkaitis, Stasys // Lituanus;2008, Vol. 54 Issue 1, p75
The article focuses on the World Lithuanian Symposium on Arts and Sciences. It cites the thirteen previously held World Lithuanian Symposium, along with information on the venue, dates, theme and participants. Moreover, it also offers information on the 14th World Lithuanian Symposium on Arts...
- Convention Preview. // Spectra;Oct1965, Vol. 1 Issue 1, p1
This article presents a preview of Speech Association of America (SAA) conventions. A good convention offers opportunities for intellectual stimulation, professional growth, new and renewed contacts with persons who have similar interests, and fun. SAA conventions have traditionally provided all...
- Guest Editorial. // Technoetic Arts: A Journal of Speculative Research;2006, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p69
The author discusses the 2006 "Spirit of Discovery" conference, promoted by the Foundation for Arts, Sciences and Technology â€“ Observatory, which was held in Trancoso, Portugal. The many contributors to the conference's success are noted, including Julio Sarmento, the mayor of Trancoso,...
- ISEA/International Symposium on Electronic Arts. Bureaud, Annick // Art-Press;nov2010, Issue 372, p99
The article discusses the highlights of the International Symposium on Electronic Arts (ISEA) that was held in Germany on October 20-29, 2010, featuring lectures on the latest technologies, art history and the conservation of electronic and digital art.
- FESPA: First Digital Textile Conference alongside FESPA Digital. // SignGraphic: Outdoor Advertising Magazine;Jan2008, Issue 103, p98
The article offers information on the Federation Of European Screenprinters Associations (FESPA) Digital 2008 exhibition to be held in the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Geneva, Switzerland from March 31 to April 1, 2008.
- Event horizon. Collett, Camille; Rosenberg, Yuval // Sciences;Jan/Feb96, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p6
Presents a guide to cultural pursuits in the sciences in the United States. Includes the film entitled, `The Secret of Life on Earth'; The Paradox Box from Shambhala Redstone Editions; Videotapes of special episodes of the television program `Nature' from Shanachie Entertainment; `InnerSpace'...
- Circus science. Zimmer, Carl // Discover;Feb96, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p56
Looks at ways in which science is used by performers in the circus. Information on how rotation of the body takes place; How Isaac Newton's laws of motion are used by performers; How jugglers use the law of gravity; Information on flexibility.
- Time for an end to tribal warfare. Williams, Jeffrey // New Scientist;4/16/94, Vol. 142 Issue 1921, p51
Stresses the need to bridge the gap between the arts and sciences. Scientists' use of quotations from non-scientific literature in preface chapters in books and review articles; Application of science skills in humanities; Need to broaden the scope of the education system; Advantages for...
- The Arts and Science Council wants to hear from you. // Charlotte Post;1/19/2012, Vol. 37 Issue 19, p5B
This article reports that the Arts and Science Council (ASC) is calling on residents to attend community meetings scheduled on February 2012 to help the ASC shape the direction and goals of a cultural vision for Charlotte and Mecklenburg County.