A global approach to talent: the best of the World Congress
- Board needs buyers. Ellinor, Rebecca // Supply Management;10/5/2006, Vol. 11 Issue 20, p8
The article reports on the view expressed by business and management expert Charles Handy during the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS) event in London, England, that purchasers should be given seats on corporate boards. Addressing senior-level procurement professionals, Handy...
- Charles Handy sees the future. Rapoport, Carla // Fortune;10/31/1994, Vol. 130 Issue 9, p155
Profiles the management philosopher, Charles Handy, 62. Popularity and success of his books--`The Age of Unreason'(1989) and `The Age of Paradox'(1994); Family life; Career background; His unconventional view of the future, known as `upside-down thinking'; His prediction that Western capitalism...
- COURSES & CONFERENCES. // Employers Law;Jul/Aug2008, p26
The article offers information on the IRS Recruitment and Retention Masterclass conference at the Mayfair Conference Centre in London, England on September 10, 2008 and the IRS Recruitment and Retention Conference: How to Future-Proof HR at the Cavendish Conference Centre, also in London, on...
- the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development annual conference 2005. Summers, Geoff // Human Resources Magazine;Feb2006, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p14
The article presents the highlights of the annual conference of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development which was held in October 2005 in Harrogate, England. The keynote speakers include Rosabeth Moss Kantor, Charles Handy and Dave Ulrich. The conference has other components, such...
- The world according to Charles. Grant., Ian F // NZ Business;Mar2002, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p11
Profiles business philosopher Charles Handy in New Zealand. Views on the status of entrepreneurial self employed businessmen; Job responsibilities of Handy; Success of the book 'The Elephant and the Flea,' by Handy.
- Charles Handy sees the future. Rapaport, Carla // Time International (South Pacific Edition);2/13/95, Issue 6, p60
Features Charles Handy, the Irish-born author of books on organizations and management. Books authored by Handy; Personal life; Approach to giving consultation to corporate clients; Views on issues concerning management, employment and organizations; Predictions concerning management and...
- Stars in their eyes. Pickard, Jane // People Management;11/10/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 22, p17
The article highlights the importance of good leadership in creating an environment that valued the whole workforce, according to speakers at the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) Annual Conference 2005. According to professor Rosabeth Moss Kanter, diminished respect for...
- A life worth living. Watts, Patti // Executive Female (0199-2880);Jul/Aug94, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p44
Features husband and wife Charles and Elizabeth Handy. Creation of a new framework to encompass all the pieces of life; Need for a new plan; Means of becoming a portfolio person; Ideas in action. INSET: How to maintain a balance..
- Editorial. Rock, Stuart // Director (00123242);Dec95, Vol. 49 Issue 5, p13
Editorial. Focuses on readers' interest in the Charles Handy's columns in the `Director' magazine. Praises for Handy's moral values.