GETTING THE 411
- DHS Developing Plans For BUR Initiatives Support FY '12 Request, Lute Says. Biesecker, Calvin // Defense Daily;7/22/2010, Vol. 247 Issue 15, p5
The article reports that the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is planning to implement several initiatives and enhancements contained in its new Bottom Up Review (BUR). The initiatives include integrated information sharing and increasing joint operations and intelligence capabilities....
- Virtual USA Gen 4 Expands Information-Sharing Capabilities. Roberts, Mary Rose // Fire Chief;Jan2012, Vol. 56 Issue 1, p10
The article reports on the introduction of the latest Web-based initiative Virtual USA Gen 4 by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security's Science and Technology Directorate focusing on collaboration and information sharing among the emergency-management community and the homeland security.
- DHS FNS Branch Plans Technical Exchange Meeting with Domain Name System Leaders. // TR2: Terror Response Technology Report;7/6/2011, Vol. 7 Issue 14, p18
The article announces a technical exchange discussion that will be held by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Federal Network Security (FNS) Branch in Northern Virginia on July 18, 2011.
- Take a Number. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;2/5/2007, Vol. 166 Issue 6, p86
The article talks about the agenda of the U.S. Homeland Security Committee. In a speech outlining the committee's agenda, chairman Bennie Thompson focuses on improving security for mass transit, rail and bus systems; doubling the size of the Border Patrol; and improving intelligence and...
- Greece. // AirGuide Business;3/15/2010, p4
The article reports on the designation of Greece as a member of the Visa Waiver Program (VWP), which strengthens passenger information sharing and ensuring strict security standards while streamlining for Greek citizens visiting the U.S. as announced by Janet Napolitano, Department of Homeland...
- President's National Security Telecommunications Advisory Committee. Echols, Michael // Federal Register (National Archives & Records Service, Office of;7/30/2012, Vol. 77 Issue 146, p44641
The article offers information on the teleconference of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS)National Security Telecommunications Advisory Committee (NSTAC) to be held on August 16, 2012.
- Civitas Group CEO to speak at Homeland Security Solutions Conference. McHale, John // Military & Aerospace Electronics;May2004, Vol. 15 Issue 5, p8
Highlights the Homeland Security Solutions Conference and Exhibition on May 18-19 2004, in Baltimore. Organizers; Keynote speakers; Topics to be discussed.
- DHS Components Often Failing To Report Required Conference Attendance, IG Says. Biesecker, Calvin // Defense Daily;8/24/2015, Vol. 267 Issue 38, p6
The article reports on the failure of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) components to report conferences they hosted or attended as required, according to the DHS Inspector General (IG).
- Secure your spot at ChemSecure. // ICIS Chemical Business Americas;2/26/2007, Vol. 271 Issue 8, p28
The article reports on the "ChemSecure: Security Conference and Expo" to be hosted by the American Chemistry Council (ACC) in Arlington, Virginia. The event has been intended to support the efforts of the members of the ACC to implement the regulatory framework requirements of the U.S....