New York Buzz
- Time Warner 1, News Corp. 0. Schlosser, Joe // Broadcasting & Cable;05/26/97, Vol. 127 Issue 22, p43
Reports on US District Judge Jack Weinstein's rejection of New Corp.'s fraud claims against Time Warner Inc. in News Corp.'s battle to get Fox News Channel on the nation's largest cable system. Oral assurances of carriage as baseless grounds for a contract; Background on the case.
- Confidence Fuels Stock Buybacks at Operators, Nets. FARRELL, MIKE // Multichannel News;6/4/2012, Vol. 33 Issue 23, p24
The article informs that several cable operators and programmers including Time Warner Inc., News Corp. and Comcast Corp. are spending billion of dollars into repurchasing their own stock in the first quarter of the year 2012 that shows their confidence on the value of their share.
- 2011 Profitability: Studio vs. Studio. Szalai, Georg; Bond, Paul // Hollywood Reporter;2/24/2012, Vol. 418 Issue 7, p10
The article presents information on the financial performance of film studios in 2011. Time Warner Inc.'s filmed entertainment unit reported an increase of 15% in its profit for 2011 with the help of the success of the movie "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2." News Corp.'s filmed...
- WPIX rising on CW deal. Flamm, Matthew // Crain's New York Business;1/30/2006, Vol. 22 Issue 5, p3
This article reports that the local television landscape may never be the same in the U.S. The merger last week that created the CW network has improved the outlook for Channel 11, while unsettling News Corp. Ltd. -owned Channel 9 and raising the competitive pressure on its sister station...
- Upstart Yahoo! teaches the old hands a thing or 80 million. Gottliebsen, Robert // BRW;07/16/99, Vol. 21 Issue 27, p8
Discusses the marketing strategies and achievements of Yahoo Inc. in Australia since 1995. Development of the Yahoo information search engine; Increase in share prices; Failure of Time Warner and News Corporation to compete with Yahoo; How the best customer bases in Australia are ineffective in...
- Will clash of titans leave bruises across the biz? Peers, Martin; Dempsey, John // Variety;09/30/96, Vol. 364 Issue 9, p11
Focuses on the feud between News Corp. and Time Warner Inc. Causes of the feud; Factors affecting the companies' ability to hurt each other; Background on the personal conflict between News Corp. chairman Rupert Murdoch and Time Warner vice chairman Ted Turner.
- Primestar/News Corp. deal could be announced this week. Colman, Price; Higgins, John M. // Broadcasting & Cable;05/26/97, Vol. 127 Issue 22, p11
Reports that Time Warner Inc. has dropped its objections to a Primestar Partners/News Corp. merger. Terms of Primestar and News Corp.'s agreement; Need for PrimeStar Partners to consolidate its various partnership interests in TSAT; Possible concession made for Time Warner to relent to the...
- Earnings: Fox Hot, Charter Shot. // Broadcasting & Cable;11/8/2004, Vol. 134 Issue 45, p5
Reports on the financial performance of cable television operators in the U.S. in 2004. Percentage of decline in the cash-flow margin of Charter Communications for the third quarter ended September 30, 2004; Operating income of Fox cable networks of News Corp. for the three months ended...
- MEDIA MOVES. // Advertising Age;12/6/1993, Vol. 64 Issue 51, p39
The article presents news briefs related to mass media as of December 1993. Time Warner is planning to buy a ten percent share of the largest producer of Chinese television programming to take on News Corp.'s Star TV satellite service. CBS was forecasted to win the November 1993 ratings sweeps...