Driving a greener agenda
- A sense of safety. Lee, Andrew // Engineer (00137758);11/13/2006, Vol. 293 Issue 7712, p13
The article offers information about the eTire II sensor patch system, a wireless and battery-free tire monitoring system from Michelin SA. The sensor patches are designed for use on trucks and other commercial vehicles, monitors the pressures and temperature of tires via surface acoustic wave...
- DJ Broady picks ATS Euromaster. // Motor Transport;4/24/2008, p12
The article reports that Hull, England-based demolition, tipper hire and recycled aggregates supplier DJ Broady has adopted a joint ATS Euromaster and Michelin tyre policy across its mixed fleet of 11 tippers, following a six-month trial. ATS Euromaster Hill works with Broady's in-house...
- High regrooving rate cuts Nuttall tyre costs. // Motor Transport;7/19/2007, p11
The article reports on the claim of Rochdale, England-based James Nuttall that it has recorded one of the highest tyre regrooving rates of any British hauler, with consequent reductions in tyre remoulding and replacement bills. Fleet engineer Michael Coale says that, over the past 18 months, it...
- Michelin regains traction. de Saint-Seine, Sylviane // Automotive News Europe;6/25/2007, Vol. 12 Issue 13, p14
The article reports on the plan of tire maker Michelin SA for its operations in 2007. Michelin chief executive officer Michel Rollier has launched a plan to cut costs, which will come from western Europe and North America. The company also wants to accelerate expansion in fast-growing markets...
- Michelin's death won't stop car really. Truett, Richard // Automotive News;6/5/2006, Vol. 80 Issue 6206, p10
The article reports on the decision of Michelin SA to hold its annual Challenge Bibendum, the rally for green cars, despite the May 26, 2006 death of Edouard Michelin, the company's joint managing director. Michelin, 42, who died in a boating accident off the coast of France, was passionate...
- Pax wins mass-market contract. Shaw, David // European Rubber Journal;Apr2001, Vol. 183 Issue 4, p32
Deals with the contract won by Michelin company to supply PAX tires as an option in the mass market Scenic car of Renault company. Details on the rim standards for the automobile; Commercial availability of the tires; Development of the rubber support rim for the tires.
- Radial tyres. BEAUMONT, WILL // Evo;2016 Car of the Year, Issue 229, p020
In the article, the author reminisces on the invention by tire maker Michelin of the revolutionary radial-ply tyre in 1946 that was first used in the CitroÃ«n 11 car model.
- Michelin's C3M process is still a secret. de Saint-Seine, Sylviane // Automotive News Europe;10/8/2001, Vol. 6 Issue 20, p24
Reports on the demonstration made by Michelin on how it could set up capacity in 24 hours to manufacture high-quality tires through its C3M, an automated tire-making system. Market share of the company since it started operating its C3M; Overview of the C3M process; Information on the...
- Michelin pumped up on Pax. Sawyers, Arlena // Automotive News;7/5/1999, Vol. 73 Issue 5827, p20
Focuses on Michelin's Pax run-flat automobile tire system. Features and functions; Car companies planning to install the tire system as original equipment on their cars; Other run-flat tire systems in the market as of July 5, 1999.