Detroit to Host Annual NAACP Convention
- NAACP Gears Up for 98th Annual National Convention. Gamber, Frankie // Crisis (15591573);Jul/Aug2007, Vol. 114 Issue 4, p44
No abstract available.
- An Out-of-step NAACP Must Reclaim its Vision. Walker, Lee H. // Crain's Chicago Business;09/06/99, Vol. 22 Issue 36, p11
Focuses on the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People's (NAACP) 90th annual convention in New York City. Biggest accomplishments of the convention; Priorities; Several issues NAACP failed to address during its convention.
- Focusing on the foundations of the American dream. Browne, J. Zamgba // New York Amsterdam News;1/24/2002, Vol. 93 Issue 4, p3
Highlights the New York State Conference of National Association for the Advancement of Colored People branches. Focus on the problem of inadequate health facilities and funds for health care; Consideration of unemployment rate at the Empire State; Affection of the group on homelessness in the...
- Obama to speak at mega NAACP convention. Barker, Cyril Josh // New York Amsterdam News;6/11/2009, Vol. 100 Issue 24, p4
The article offers information on the 100th anniversary convention of the NAACP (National Association for the Advancement of Colored People), to be held in July 2009 in New York City.
- NAACP holds 89th convention in Atlanta. // Jet;08/03/98, Vol. 94 Issue 10, p4
Focuses on the 89th convention of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored Persons (NAACP), which was held at the Georgia World Congress Center. Issues which were addressed at the convention; Reference to the speech of NAACP board chairman Julian Bond; Recommendations for solving...
- Annual Convention Ushered in New Era of Strategic Planning. Petrie, Phil W. // New Crisis (15591603);Sep/Oct2001, Vol. 108 Issue 5, p74
Presents information on the 92nd Annual Convention of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People. Number of attendees; Topics discussed in the convention; Overview of the strategic plans of the association.
- New Jersey NAACP 2000 Convention. // New York Amsterdam News;09/14/2000, Vol. 91 Issue 37, p8
Reports that the New Jersey State Conference of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP) Branches will host its annual convention at the Somerset Marriott Hotel in Somerset, New Jersey.
- My success comes from God, talk show host Berry tells youth. // New York Amsterdam News;9/3/94, Vol. 85 Issue 36, p24
Reports on the speech of talk show host Bertice Berry before the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People's (NAACP) 85th annual convention about her success. Educational background; Purpose in life; Importance of community development; Focus of comedy routines.
- NAACP New York State Conference. // New York Amsterdam News;1/17/2008, Vol. 99 Issue 4, p9
Information about the first quarterly meeting of the New York State Conference of National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP) held in the State Office Building in Harlem, New York City is presented. The agenda addressed the priority programs that every NAACP chapter is to...