Detroit to Host Annual NAACP Convention
- An Out-of-step NAACP Must Reclaim its Vision. Walker, Lee H. // Crain's Chicago Business;09/06/99, Vol. 22 Issue 36, p11
Focuses on the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People's (NAACP) 90th annual convention in New York City. Biggest accomplishments of the convention; Priorities; Several issues NAACP failed to address during its convention.
- NAACP holds 89th convention in Atlanta. // Jet;08/03/98, Vol. 94 Issue 10, p4
Focuses on the 89th convention of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored Persons (NAACP), which was held at the Georgia World Congress Center. Issues which were addressed at the convention; Reference to the speech of NAACP board chairman Julian Bond; Recommendations for solving...
- UPCOMING CONVENTIONS. // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);7/14/2014, Vol. 31 Issue 28, pP16
A calendar of events for Las Vegas, Nevada, in July-August, 2014 is presented which includes National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP) Annual Convention at Mandalay Bay resort, Imprinted Sportswear Show at Las Vegas Convention Center and Las Vegas Market, Summer.
- Annual Convention Ushered in New Era of Strategic Planning. Petrie, Phil W. // New Crisis (15591603);Sep/Oct2001, Vol. 108 Issue 5, p74
Presents information on the 92nd Annual Convention of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People. Number of attendees; Topics discussed in the convention; Overview of the strategic plans of the association.
- New Jersey NAACP 2000 Convention. // New York Amsterdam News;09/14/2000, Vol. 91 Issue 37, p8
Reports that the New Jersey State Conference of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP) Branches will host its annual convention at the Somerset Marriott Hotel in Somerset, New Jersey.
- NAACP Gears Up for 98th Annual National Convention. Gamber, Frankie // Crisis (15591573);Jul/Aug2007, Vol. 114 Issue 4, p44
The article offers information on the 98th Annual NAACP Convention to be held in Detroit, Michigan on July 7, 2007.
- Obama to speak at mega NAACP convention. Barker, Cyril Josh // New York Amsterdam News;6/11/2009, Vol. 100 Issue 24, p4
The article offers information on the 100th anniversary convention of the NAACP (National Association for the Advancement of Colored People), to be held in July 2009 in New York City.
- Focusing on the foundations of the American dream. Browne, J. Zamgba // New York Amsterdam News;1/24/2002, Vol. 93 Issue 4, p3
Highlights the New York State Conference of National Association for the Advancement of Colored People branches. Focus on the problem of inadequate health facilities and funds for health care; Consideration of unemployment rate at the Empire State; Affection of the group on homelessness in the...
- The NAACP. MacLachlan, Suzanne; Mutch, David // Christian Science Monitor;7/10/95, Vol. 87 Issue 156, p2
No abstract available.