- Africanizing scientific knowledge: the Multilateral Initiative on Malaria as a model? Ntoumi, Francine; Priebe, Gunilla // Malaria Journal;Jan2010 Supplement 3, Vol. 9, p1
In November 2009, the fifth Pan African Malaria conference was held in Nairobi. Thirteen years after the founding initiative in Dakar, the first African Secretariat based in Africa (TANZANIA) organized this major event for the malaria community. Looking back, it has been a long way: changes in...
- INTRODUCTION TO THE SPEAKER SUMMARIES. Baum, Bruce J. // Advances in Dental Research;Nov1995 Supplement, Vol. 9 Issue 3S, p4
The article presents background information on reports published within the issue, which are summaries of conference papers presented at the 13th International Conference on Oral Biology, held in Victoria, British Columbia, Canada, from March 14 through 16, 1994.
- Deer Management 2011. SAMUEL, DAVE // Bowhunter;Nov2011, Vol. 41 Issue 3, p14
The article offers information on the 34th Annual Meeting of the Southeast Deer Study Group held in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma in February 2011.
- Highlights of the 2002 Annual Meeting in Toronto. // American Schools of Oriental Research Newsletter;Winter2002, Vol. 52 Issue 4, p1
Features the highlights of the 2002 Annual Meeting of the American Schools of Oriental Research in Toronto, Ontario. Conference theme; Speakers and presenters; Participants.
- Sense of Smell. // Global Cosmetic Industry;Mar2002, Vol. 170 Issue 3, p11
Announces the 9th Annual National Sense of Smell Day in the U.S. Schedule of the celebration; Participation of the children's museum and science centers; Recognition for the olfactory sense sponsored by the Sense of Smell Institute.
- GOP edges closer to turning D.C. into test lab for US... Walker, Sam // Christian Science Monitor;2/7/96, Vol. 88 Issue 50, p1
Reports from Washington, on the meeting with Marion Barry and the Washington Urban League. District of Columbia caught in financial crisis, and the Mayor has not yet found a way to resolve it; Washington's story of urban fare; Seizing control to test long-touted conservative remedies for...
- Report: China. Wimmer, Erich // Asian Folklore Studies;1997, Vol. 61 Issue 1, p161
Reports on the symposium of the International Society for Narrative Research in Beijing, China. Reference to the International Society for Folk Research (ISFNR); What are the features of the symposium; Information on delegates that attended the symposium in China.
- Unveiling discoveries in Columbus. Wilson, Bill // Roads & Bridges;Mar2002, Vol. 40 Issue 3, p56
Highlights the 42nd Annual North American Snow Conference (ANASC) in Columbus, Ohio. Speakers of the conference; Schedule of the trip to the Transportation Research Center; Theme of ANASC.
- Evidence never lies: introduction to a special issue on New Frontiers in Evaluation. Vonortas, Nicholas S.; Stampfer, Michael; Zin�cker, Klaus // Science & Public Policy (SPP);Dec2007, Vol. 34 Issue 10, p679
During the past several years, policy-makers have become increasingly aware that the success of their efforts to finance and promote long-term research is dependent not only on individual programmes, institutions and infrastructure, but also on ?portfolios? and ?systems? of programmes and...
- Chic-ahhhhh-go! Lester, Trish // Communication World;Aug/Sep2002, Vol. 19 Issue 5, p36
Highlights the international conference of the research foundation IABC in Chicago, Illinois. Calendar of activities for the event; Major speakers of the event; Total number of participants on the event from different countries. INSET: SESSION HIGHLIGHTS.