Polymers reviewed at ICIS forum
- New GCC capacity will hurt majors. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;4/16/2010, Vol. 54 Issue 16, p7
The article reports on the implications of progress on huge petrochemical projects in the Middle East for competition among established overseas companies.
- Freight downturn just a 'blip'. // Rail Business Intelligence;6/19/2008, Issue 320, p3
Information about the Rail Freight 2008 conference on June 3, 2008 in Great Britain is presented. It is stated that operators are expecting traffic to rise steadily as factors such as soaring fuel costs tip the modal balance in favour of rail. Meanwhile, "Rail Business Intelligence" (RBI)...
- Who will manage Crossrail infrastructure? // Rail Business Intelligence;6/19/2008, Issue 320, p3
Information about the opening of Rail Freight 2008 conference in Great Britain on June 3, 2008 is presented. Rail Freight Group Chairman Lord Berkeley welcomed various changes made to the Crossrail Bill during its passage through the Lords. He expressed concern over the failure to resolve the...
- NEED TO UPSKILL INCREASES SHARPLY - ENGINEERS IRELAND CPD SYMPOSIUM. // Engineers Journal;Jul2008, Vol. 62 Issue 6, p344
The article discusses the highlights of the 2008 Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Symposium held at the Stillorgan Park Hotel in Dublin, Ireland. Jim Browne of Engineers Ireland cited the need for engineers to become creators of new products rather than the producers of the concepts and...
- 'Watch out for building blight'. Hayhurst, Lee // Travel Weekly: The Choice of Travel Professionals;6/23/2006, Issue 1826, p24
This article presents information about the Institute of Travel and Tourism's Conference, organized in Oman in 2006. The participants discussed a variety of topics including Middle Eastern tourism and rocketing oil bills. Holiday destinations in the Middle East have been warned not to downgrade...
- Import & Export Data in China in May 2009. // China Chemical Reporter;7/6/2009, Vol. 20 Issue 19, p24
A table is presented that depicts the imported the exported chemical products in China as of May 2009.
- TW Calender. // Traffic World;11/24/2008, Vol. 272 Issue 47, p35
A calendar of international events related to business logistics from November 2008 to May 2008 is presented, including the Impact of High Fuel Prices on Logistics Summit, 8th Annual Lean & Six Sigma and Business Improvement in Healthcare Summit, and the Logistics & Supply Chain Forum.
- FROM OUR OWN CORRESPONDENT. Salisbury, Peter // ICIS Chemical Business;10/6/2008, Vol. 274 Issue 13, p7
Information about the topics discussed at the 42nd European Petrochemical Association (EPCA) meeting in Monte Carlo, Monaco is presented. Topics include the issues facing the chemical industry including the prices of crude oil. It mentions the benzene spot market that is increasingly illiquid...
- Opec ministers: oil price needs to support investment. // Middle East;Dec2008, Issue 395, p50
Information about the Oil & Money conference held October 2008 in London, England, is presented. In this event, the roundtable discussion was participated by Abdallah Sallem El Badri of the Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries, Abdullah Bin Hamad Al Attiyah, Minister of Energy and...