From Catering to Spa Cuisine
- Calendar of Events. // Southeast Food Service News;Oct/Nov2010, Vol. 34 Issue 8, p18
A calendar of events related to food service industry in the U.S. area from January 25, 2011 to April 16, 2011 is presented including Cheney Brothers Ocala Buying Show on January 25 at Gaylord Plams Resort & Convention Center in Orlando, Florida, Cruise Shipping Miami on March 14-17 at...
- CALENDAR OF EVENTS. // Beverage Industry;Jun2007, Vol. 98 Issue 6, p12
A calendar of events for the beverage industry is presented. The annual conference of School Nutrition Association will be held from July 15 to 18, 2007 in Chicago, Illinois. The Western Foodservice & Hospitality Expo will be held from August 18 to 20, 2007 in Los Angeles, California. The Great...
- Storming the Hill. // FoodService Director;6/15/2009, Vol. 22 Issue 6, p12
The article reports on the participation of John Martin, foodservice director for the Edwardsville Community Unit School District 7 of Illinois, in the Legislative Action Conference of the School Nutrition Association in Washington D.C. Martin described his first LAC experience as informative...
- What's Ahead for School Menus. // Food Management;Feb2008, Vol. 43 Issue 2, p16
Information about several papers discussed at the School Nutrition Association's annual Child Nutrition Industry Conference in January 2008 in the U.S. is presented. One of the speakers, Bill Wagoner reviewed the findings of several recently released studies of child nutrition programs and...
- School Nutrition Directors Prepare for 2009. Fitzpatrick, Tara // Food Management;Sep2008, Vol. 43 Issue 9, p14
Information about the School Nutrition Association (SNA) annual National Conference at the Philadelphia Convention Center held on July 20-23, 2008 in Pennsylvania is presented. Topics discussed include the challenges that confront SNA, the association's commitment on providing healthy and...
- Oh, Canada: Operators optimistic despite nat'l. tax, labor woes. Prewitt, Milford // Nation's Restaurant News;11/4/2002, Vol. 36 Issue 44, p6
Highlights topics discussed during the 58th annual convention of the Canadian Restaurant and Foodservices Association held in Toronto, Ontario. Problems facing restaurant operators; Expectations on the financial performance of restaurants for 2003; Problems facing restaurant employers.
- Customers find comfort in chefs' new looks for old favorites. Walkup, Carolyn // Nation's Restaurant News;11/4/2002, Vol. 36 Issue 44, p46
Focuses on issues discussed by a panel of food experts convened during the 2002 Nation's Restaurant News Culinary Research and Development Conference. Popularity of comfort foods on restaurant menus; Promotion of cooking techniques on restaurant chain menus.
- Menu makers say food flavors mark customer returns. Thorn, Bret // Nation's Restaurant News;11/4/2002, Vol. 36 Issue 44, p51
Focuses on issues discussed by a panel of chefs during the 2002 Nation's Restaurant News Culinary Research and Development Conference. Role of taste as the driving factor for product development; Importance of the name of the product being sold and the way it was marketed.
- Hunger for new tastes drives Caribbean menu influences. Parseghian, Pamela // Nation's Restaurant News;11/4/2002, Vol. 36 Issue 44, p51
Focuses on issues discussed by a panel of food experts during the 2002 Nation's Restaurant News Culinary Research and Development Conference. Popularity of Caribbean and Florribean influences on menus in the U.S.; Introduction of tropical ingredients to consumers.