Competition's Great for Cable
- B&C Picks 10 for Hall of Fame. // Broadcasting & Cable;10/11/2004, Vol. 134 Issue 41, p5
Presents the list of executives in the media industry, inducted in the 14th Annual "Broadcasting & Cable" Hall of Fame awards as of October 11, 2004. William F. Baker, chief executive of New York Public Television; Stephen B. Burke, chief operating officer of Comcast Corp.; Dick Robertson,...
- Autumn Breeze: Summit to Become a Fall Conference in 2010. // CableFAX Daily;7/17/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 136, p1
Reports on the decision of the Cable and Telecommunications Association for Marketing (CTAM) to move the CTAM Summit from summer to fall in year 2010. Reasons for the move; Statement from CTAM president and chief executive officer Char Beales about the decision.
- EXEC READY FOR TOP SPOT. Littleton, Cynthia // Daily Variety;12/4/2009, Vol. 305 Issue 43, p52
The article focuses on Comcast Corp. executive Steve Burke who is said to lead NBC Universal Inc. after the completion of its transaction with General Electric Co. in the U.S. It mentions that Burke left his top job at American Broadcasting Co. (ABC) for Comcast and helped make the company the...
- CTAM Is Pleased With Summit Results. Reynolds, Mike // Multichannel News;7/24/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 29, p24
The article highlights the Cable & Telecommunications Association for Marketing (CTAM) Summit in Boston, Massachusetts. The Summit attracted 3,020 attendees. According to Char Beales, president and chief executive officer of CTAM, the comments and feedbacks they received regarding the summit...
- New Services Get Their Due. Whitney, Daisy // Television Week;7/25/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 30, p27
Focuses on the annual conference of the Cable & Telecommunications Association for Marketing (CTAM) to be held at the Pennsylvania Convention Center in Philadelphia from July 24 to 26, 2005. Reason for the selection of Philadelphia as the event's location according to CTAM president and CEO...
- Alphabet taps Burke broadcast prexy. Levin, Gary // Variety;04/28/97, Vol. 366 Issue 13, p55
Highlights the appointment of Steve Burke as the president of broadcasting of ABC. Responsibilities of Burke; Previous position held.
- CTAM urges marketers to take control, defend customers. Higgins, John M. // Broadcasting & Cable;07/06/98, Vol. 128 Issue 28, p42
Highlights the topics discussed during the annual convention of the Cable Television Association of Marketers (CTAM) in Chicago, Illinois. Theme of the convention; Assertions from Peter Chernin, chief executive officer of Fox Group; Message shared by Char Beales, CTAM president.
- Holding It All Together. Neel, K. C. // Multichannel News;6/16/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 24, p2A
The article profiles Char Beales, president of the Cable and Telecommunications Association for Marketing (CTAM). She has been integral to the cable industry's efforts to sell itself and its products. Under her leadership, CTAM led several programs to promote products and services created by the...
- Exec exits Comcast role. Littleton, Cynthia // Daily Variety;2/1/2011, Vol. 310 Issue 22, p2
The article announces the resignation of Steve Burke as chief operating officer (COO) of Comcast Corp.