Devil's In Digital Details
- Latin America unpredictable but still a force. Stilson, Janet // Electronic Media;1/7/2002, Vol. 20 Issue 53, p12
Reports the importance of the programmers on television broadcasting industry in Latin America. Theme of the National Association of Television Program Executives conference; Views of Alberto Ciurana, vice president of programming on television programs; Company operation of Televisa.
- Eastern Europe puts programs into mix. Dziadul, Chris // Electronic Media;1/7/2002, Vol. 20 Issue 53, p18
Reports the changes in the television programs of broadcasting industry in Eastern Europe. Theme of the conference of National Association of Television Program Executives 2002; Performance of Telewizja Polska; Effect of the appointment of Jiri Balvin as director general on Cable Television;...
- Spinning the Web: Web TV Japan. Nakada, Gail // Computing Japan;Aug99, Vol. 6 Issue 8, p42
Focuses on the evolution of WebTV in Japan. Comments from WebTV/Microsoft (Japan) Chairman Susumu Furukawa; Marketing strategies of companies in the set-top box field; Cost of WebTV Plus; Features of Oracle's NCTV; Target consumers of set-top boxes.
- Getting into business. McGoldrick, Paul // Broadcast Engineering;Mar1998, Vol. 40 Issue 3, p352
Deals with the different types of startups in the digital television industry. Problem of focusing too much on engineering; Major shifts at the analog semiconductor manufacturers; Successful companies' ability to identify the market opportunity correctly.
- Real Broadcast Network's Internet Broadcast Operations Center. Siegel, Mark // Broadcast Engineering;Apr2001, Vol. 43 Issue 4, p60
Reports on the all-digital Internet Broadcast Operations Center of the Real Broadcast Network (RBN). Description of the Digital System Technology used by RBN; Noise reduction process in storing and in-streaming bits; Functions of CompuSat, an automated dish control and satellite recording system.
- DTV update. // Broadcast Engineering;Apr2001, Vol. 43 Issue 4, p92
Presents several products utilized by the digital television broadcasting industry as of April 1, 2001. Multicast transmission system; Digital disk recorder; Animation system.
- TV Goes Digital, Japan Yawns. Tam, Augie // J@pan Inc.;Mar2001, Issue 17, p58
Assesses the emergence of digital television broadcasting in Japan. Difference between broadcast satellite (BS) and communication satellite; Status of the television industry since the emergence of digital broadcasting; Information on the BS digital broadcasts; Market potential of BS...
- Digital links for sat trucks. Lude, Peter // Broadcast Engineering;Jan1998, Vol. 40 Issue 1, p78
Presents the Ku-band satellite truck which utilizes digital technology in mobile television broadcasting units. Mechanics of digital transmission; Transition of baseband video from analog to digital; Audio and video equipment available in Ku-band satellite trucks; Advantages of digital over...
- Looking good. Barthold, Jim // Telephony;01/08/2001, Vol. 240 Issue 2, p56
Looks at the use of grooming technology in presenting an attractive digital television package. Application of the constant bit rate encoding in inserting local programming into digital television; Key features of Terayon's Cherrypicker technology.