Influencing the Influential
- Europe's digital success. Walker, Gerald M. // World Broadcast Engineering;Oct2000, Vol. 23 Issue 10, p3
Reports the implication of IBC2000 convention for the digital television industry in Europe. Launch of Multimedia Home Platform (MHP) from OpenTV at the convention; Impact of MHP on the digital video broadcasting (DVB) community; Sponsors for the DVB-MHP Launch Party; Description of the stages...
- Tauzin Stands Firm On 2006 Deadline. Tarr, Greg // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;5/13/2002, Vol. 17 Issue 11, p1
Highlights the Digital TV Summit in Washington. Discussion on the mass-market status during the meeting; Delivery of keynote address by Representative Billy Tauzin; Primary objective for digital television transition.
- BEST BUY, BROADCASTERS TEAM TO EDUCATE ABOUT DIGITAL TRANSITION. Lee, Michael // Home Media Magazine;11/16/2008, Vol. 30 Issue 45, p28
The article offers information on in-store workshops to be hosted by Best Buy and the National Association of Broadcasters (NAB) in 25 of the largest cities in the U.S. to teach people about the transition to digital television (TV) in 2009.
- HD Essentials. // SHOOT;4/11/2008, Vol. 49 Issue 7, p13
The article offers information on "The DTV Transition Symposium: Ratings, Revenues and Repercussions of the Digital Television Switchover" as part of the upcoming conference of Promax/BDA in New York on June 17-19, 2008.
- DTV 2000 makes its Atlanta debut. Dick, Brad // Broadcast Engineering;Jan2001, Vol. 43 Issue 1, p14
Highlights the Digital Television conference in Atlanta, Georgia, in December 2000. Key note speakers of the conference; Participants in the sessions of the conference; Details on the media sessions with focus on the design and use of technology in the industry.
- Rise of TV 2.0 Follows Consumer Behavior. Morabito, Andrea // Broadcasting & Cable;11/1/2010, Vol. 140 Issue 41, p10
Information about the panel discussion titled "Rise of TV.20: The Tube Gets Personal" at the OnScreen Media Summit held in New York City on October 28, 2011 is presented.
- New archive chaos looms. Radlo, Nick // TVB Europe;Jun98, Vol. 7 Issue 5, p1
Reports on the Autumn News World conference in Berlin, Germany. Technological issues addressed by the panel; Different tape formats used in archiving; Emphasis on the use of digital newsroom system.
- UK FORUM FOR DIGITAL TV. // Image Technology;Jan1996, Vol. 78 Issue 1, p24
The article offers information on the industry-wide forum called the Digital TV Group in Great Britain by the end of 2007.
- TELEVISION BY NUMBERS: A Digital Television Seminar. // Image Technology;Aug1987, Vol. 69 Issue 8, p365
The article offers information on the Digital Television Seminar to be held in London, England in September 11, 1987.