International Primary Sclerosing Cholangitis Liver Conference
- WSES consensus conference: Guidelines for firstline management of intra-abdominal infections. Sartelli, Massimo; Viale, Pierluigi; Koike, Kaoru; Pea, Federico; Tumietto, Fabio; van Goor, Harry; Guercioni, Gianluca; Nespoli, Angelo; Tranà, Cristian; Catena, Fausto; Ansaloni, Luca; Leppaniemi, Ari; Biffl, Walter; Moore, Frederick A.; Poggetti, Renato; Pinna, Antonio Daniele; Moore, Ernest E. // World Journal of Emergency Surgery;2011, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p1
Intra-abdominal infections are still associated with high rate of morbidity and mortality. A multidisciplinary approach to the management of patients with intra-abdominal infections may be an important factor in the quality of care. The presence of a team of health professionals from various...
- Announcement Volume 7, Issue 4, 2003. // Hernia;Dec2003, Vol. 7 Issue 4, p229
The article reports about that 26th International Congress of the European Hernia Society, which will held on April 29-May 1, 2004, Prague, Czech Republic.
- Announcement Volume 8, Issue 3, 2004. // Hernia;Aug2004, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p292
This article reports an announcement of the scientific program, entitled "Hernia Repair 2005" which will be held during February 9-12, 2005, in San Diego, California, under the chairmanship of Michael S. Kavic of the American Hernia Society. The scientific program will include presentations by...
- Forthcoming Events. // Journal of Minimal Access Surgery;Apr2009, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p52
A calendar of international events from August-October 2009 is presented which includes the national conference of Hernia Society of India, the joint meeting of American Hernia Society and European Hernia Society, and the annual conference of Indian Association of Surgical Gastroenterology.
- 2nd International Hernia Congress, London 19â€“21 June 2003. Filipi, C. J. // Hernia;Dec2003, Vol. 7 Issue 4, p169
The article reports on the joint European and American Hernia Societies's 2nd International Hernia Congress, which was convened at the Queen Elizabeth II conference center, London, England, on June 19, 2003. Andrew Kingsnorth, the congress president, was responsible with much assistance from...
- Introduction to Current Practice of Adult Hernia Repair. Kingsnorth, Andrew // World Journal of Surgery;Aug2005, Vol. 29 Issue 8, p1044
Reports on a world symposium which examined the status of practice in adult hernia repair. Risks associated with abdominal wall hernia surgery; Laparoscopic techniques recommended by the world experts who attended the symposium for correcting abdominal wall defects.
- Abstract Book. Campanelli, Giampiero // Hernia;Apr2015 Supplement, Vol. 19, pS1
The author comments on the lst World Conference on Abdominal Wall Hernia Surgery. He says that the preparation of this event required five years of diplomatic work and scientific work to organize a programme that includes all of the knowledge related to abdominal wall surgery. More than 200...
- 3rd Suvretta-Meeting St. Moritz, 2003: "Meshes: Benefits and Risks.". Kingsnorth, A. N. // Hernia;Jun2003, Vol. 7 Issue 2, p61
This article focuses on the 3rd Suvretta-Meeting St. Moritz, 2003. The dramatic and largely pragmatic shift in abdominal wall hernia surgery away from the use of sutured techniques to utilization of mesh has occurred in less than a decade. Technology of the meshes, however, has not kept up with...
- Chicken and Egg: Peripheral Nerve Entrapment or Myofascial Trigger Point? Jeong Il Choi // Korean Journal of Pain;Apr2014, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p186
A letter to the editor commenting on the article "Successful Treatment of Abdominal Cutaneous Entrapment Syndrome (ACES) Using Ultrasound Guided Injection," by M.J. Hong and collegues published in a previous issue of the journal is presented.