Station Style Sells Out
- 2013 Station Style presenters offer fire station design against the elements. Wilmoth, Janet // Fire Chief Expert Blog;3/19/2013, p1
The article offers information on the discussion on "Remaining Operational Through Catastrophic Events" The Hardened Station," to be presented by Roy A. Robichaux Jr., chief of the Belle Chasse Volunteer Fire Department in Louisiana, and James R. Kirkpatrick of the Kirkpatrick Architecture...
- The Alarm Rings! // Scholastic News -- Edition 2;Oct2001, Vol. 58 Issue 2, p1
Presents information on the areas inside firehouses.
- Sandy Fire Dept. seeks to build new station. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;09/11/2000, Vol. 30 Issue 10, p21
Highlights the plan of the Sandy City Fire Department in Utah to construct another fire station.
- FDNY Offers Trauma Support to Colo. Firefighters. // Fire Chief Expert Blog;7/25/2012, p1
The article focuses on the visit of a three-member peer support crew of the Fire Department of New York (FDNY) to Aurora, Colorado firehouses to share lessons learned from the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks (9/11) and ensure that first responders would take care of their own and not be...
- Murray reunion, bbq set for this weekend. // Graham Leader;6/23/2013, Vol. 137 Issue 89, p1A
The article offers information on the Murray Volunteer Fire Department barbecue to be held on June 22, 2013 at the Murray Fire Station.
- 3 FIREHOUSES TO BE CLOSED FOR EFFICIENCY. // New Yorker;12/23/1972, Vol. 48 Issue 44, p56
An excerpt from a headline regarding the closure of firehouses published in "The News" newspaper in 1972 is presented.
- Station Style Conference Turns Three. // Fire Chief;Jun2008, Vol. 52 Issue 6, p12
Information about the papers discussed during the 3rd Station Style Design conference hosted by "Fire Chief" in Phoenix, Arizona, is presented. The topics include the code of National Fire Protection Association, overview of station design, and operations-based design in sustainable world. The...
- Resource allocation study leads to more efficient coverage. Kuehnert, Timothy T. // Fire Engineering;Aug99, Vol. 152 Issue 8, p79
Reveals that the use of strategic planning and quantitative methods to evaluate fire service resources offers several benefits. Includes greater efficiency of coverage; Decrease of response times; Fire station location study.
- Roseville firefighters get new fire station with a focus on training. // Fire Chief Expert Blog;10/22/2013, p3
The article reports on the fire station of the Roseville Fire Department in Minnesota, which costs 9 million dollars to build to maximize on-site training opportunities.