Orlando Chinatown: A New Venture for Chinese Americans
- OCA National Convention. // Chinese American Forum;Jul1998, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p39
The article presents the Organization of Chinese Americans (OCA) convention. OCA celebrates its 25th Anniversary this year and they held its annual national convention at the Omni Shoreham Hotel in Washington, D.C. The meeting was held on July 16 to 19, 1998 with the OCA Executive Council...
- The Road to Excellence - OCA National Convention. Peng, T. C. // Chinese American Forum;Sep1986, Vol. 2 Issue 3, p3
Information about several topics discussed at the 8th Biennial National Convention of the Organization of Chinese Americans (OCA) themed "The Road to Excellence" is presented. Prominent Chinese-Americans who are successful in their respective fields including Honorable S. B. Woo and Roderick G....
- KNOW-THYSELF: SELF-CONCEPT OF CHINESE AMERICAN YOUTHS. CHEN, VERONICA LING // Chinese American Forum;Jan1990, Vol. 5 Issue 3, p17
The article presents the summary of a workshop "Assessing the Self-concept of Chinese American Youths," at the 11th Annual National Convention of the Organization of Chinese Americans. The workshop featured the self-concept of Chinese American youths of knowing thyself in connection to...
- The Wongs in Stockton. June Wong Chen // Chinese America: History & Perspectives;2014, p27
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of living in California and China.
- Second Annual Chinese Culture Day. Ferris, Kathy // Chinese American Forum;Oct1999, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p8
The article presents the second annual Chinese culture day. The event was held at New City School in St. Louis on August 14, 1999 sponsored by the St. Louis Chapter of Families with Children from China (FCC). The event featured adult classes such as Tai Chi, Feng Shui and Chinese Cooking....
- EDITOR'S NOTE. Yen Lee, S. // Chinese American Forum;May1985, Vol. 1 Issue 3, p2
The author provides information about the "Chinese American Forum" and its four regional editors. Presents the regional directors for the Northeastern, the National Capital, Colorado and California regions. He states that the forum is open for different or opposing views for the purpose of...
- "Eating Bitterness" -- The Early History of the Chinese in America (I). Lin, Patricia // Chinese American Forum;Dec1987, Vol. 3 Issue 3, p12
The article examines the early history of the Chinese in America. The section offers early accounts of the Chinese in America, including informations relating to where did the first generation of Chinese come from, why they came to America, and what happened to them when they came to America. It...
- THE BONE MONEY EMPIRE. Taylor, Frank J. // Saturday Evening Post;12/24/1932, Vol. 205 Issue 26, p24
Describes the existence of the invisible Chinese empire in the U.S. as of December 24, 1932. Economic condition of those living in Chinatown; Attitude of most Chinamen toward their U.S. citizenship; Invisible indication of the manner in which the invisible empire is bound together.
- OCA ANNUAL CONVENTION, JULY30-AUGUST 2. // Chinese American Forum;Jul1992, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p26
The article offers information on the Organization of Chinese Americans 14th annual convention to be held in San Jose, California on July-August 2,1992.