Toll Road Public-Private Partnerships Could Be Good Play for Muni Investors
- The Highway 407 Story. Fitz-James, Michael // Corporate Legal Times;Jul2001, Vol. 11 Issue 116, pBWB16
Features the story about the Ontario government's sale of the toll roadway Highway 407 to a private consortium. End of a decade-long public-private partnership (PPP) that built and financed the highway; Example of a successful PPP.
- Minnesota law promotes public-private partnership for toll roads. // Public Roads;Autumn93, Vol. 57 Issue 2, p36
Focuses on a Minnesota law that provides for agreements between highway authorities and private companies for the development of toll roads. Build-operate-transfer (BOT) arrangement; Build-transfer-operate (BTO) arrangement; Requirement for state and municipal officials' approval of development...
- Dissension at NFMA. Ackerman, Andrew // Bond Buyer;5/12/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32876, p1
Information is given about the annual conference of the National Federation of Municipal Analysts (NFMA) held in Miami, Florida, in March 2008. The event aimed to harmonize the municipal and global rating scales of rating agencies. Many analysts are troubled by those who want immediate changes....
- NFMA Panel: Insurers Won't Go Extinct. Campbell, Dakin // Bond Buyer;5/12/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32876, p1
Information is given about the topics discussed at a panel discussion at the National Federation of Municipal Analysts' (NFMA) annual conference in Miami, Florida. Panelists believe that the utility of bond insurance for the municipal market will continue despite the crisis. They are confident...
- NFMA Posts Guidelines For Hospitals. Ryst, Sonja // Bond Buyer;08/14/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30953, p1
Reports on the guidelines released by the National Federation of Municipal Analysts. Need for hospital officials to issue quarterly and annual financial reports to investors; Improvement of information flow in the municipal bond market.
- NFMA Complains to SEC While MAGNY Quizzes Members. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;04/24/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31124, p4
Reports on the concerns of the National Federation of Municipal Analysts concerning the municipal disclosure system in the United States. Possible changes in bond opinions; Tax enforcement of the U.S. Internal Revenue Service.
- Issuers told to heed NFMA's position on yield burning. Hume, Lynn Stevens // Bond Buyer;09/22/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30483, p1
Reports on the National Federation of Municipal Analysts' call for municipal issuers to disclose notices from the United States Internal Revenue Service about potential yield-burning abuses, including preliminary notifications that their bonds are under investigation. Conflict over whether...
- Municipal Bond Activities. // Bond Buyer;1/5/2012, Vol. 379 Issue 33643, p5
The article offers information on several municipal bond-related activities from January 2012 to April 2012 including the 2012 New York State IDA Section Conference, Intro Bond Finance Course, and 29th annual conference from the National Federation of Municipal Analysts (NFMA).
- Istanbul to Host Turkish-Iranian Business Forum. // Journal of Turkish Weekly;9/13/2010, p50
Brief information is given about the Turkish-Iranian Business Forum that will be held in Istanbul, Turkey on September 16, 2010 and will be attended by Turkey's Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan, Iran's First Vice President Mohammed Reza Rahimi, and business executives.