- DOT Setting up Blue Ribbon Highway Funding Commission. // State Journal (WV);8/17/2012, Vol. 28 Issue 32, p23
The article reports that the officials of West Virginia Department of Transportation (DOT) will form a blue ribbon commission which will focus on highway funding.
- Someone needs to bag this. Wilson, Bill // Roads & Bridges;Jan2003, Vol. 41 Issue 1, p7
Editorial. Reports on an increase in the cost of the project The Mixing Bowl undertaken by the Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) to improve the Springfield Interchange grid in Virginia. Reasons behind the increase; Criticism of VDOT for ignoring the rate of inflation in cost...
- HIGHWAY NAMES IN THE NEWS Agency news. // Roads & Bridges;Dec2003, Vol. 41 Issue 12, p17
Presents news briefs on government transportation agencies in the U.S. as of December 2003. Appointments of Donald Askew and John Rollison at the Virginia Department of Transportation; Award received by the Orlando-Orange County Expressway Authority and by the New Jersey Department of...
- Team effort. Cullen, David // Fleet Owner;Feb2004, Vol. 99 Issue 2, p68
Discusses how the Virginia Department of Transportation resolved maintenance-related issues in their motor-vehicle fleets. Mechanic-defined training strategy; Recruitment of a training advisory team; Identification of five principal program roles.
- Virginia's VDOT reforms. Hopkins, Barry // State Government News;May2003, Vol. 46 Issue 5, p19
Details the reforms implemented by Virginia Department of Transportation to deal with budget shortfalls in 2003. Financial standing of the agency when Governor Mark Warner took office in 2002; Reorganizations of the agency; Number of employees of the agency; Number of construction projects...
- Breaking through stovepipes. Gebr, David R. // PA Times;Sep97, Vol. 20 Issue 9, p7
Presents measures formulated by Virginia's Department of Transportation (VDOT) to cope with no growth budgets, increased demands for efficient service and rising pressures from transport organizations. Emphasis on strategic thinking and customer responsiveness; Themes of VDOT's reengineering...
- Virginia uses STP funds for transit. // Public Roads;Autumn93, Vol. 57 Issue 2, p35
Reports on the Virginia Department of Transportation's use of some of its Surface Transportation Program (STP) funds for transit purposes. Percentage of STP flexible funds used to provide statewide transit aid.
- Driving on blades. // Roads & Bridges;May2003, Vol. 41 Issue 5, p32
An innovative approach by the Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) and FD/MK LLC enabled the completion of the Route 895 Connector, now known as the Pocahontas Parkway, in Richmond, Virginia. A major part of the project was opened to traffic in May 2002 and the remainder in September...
- Virginia DOT to close multiple lanes of I-95 North nightly this week. // Fleet Owner Blog;8/27/2012, p6
The article reports that the Department of Transportation in Virginia will close multiple lanes on Interstate 95/395 north and south from Garrisonville Road to Duke Street on August 30, 2012.