- 'I'm just one of the boys!'. Wilkinson, Roderick // Management Services;Apr1981, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p20
The article focuses on the role of managers in managing an office organization. There is a cult in business and industry these days that is persuading some managers to dress casually, talk intimately and behave familiarly with their subordinates arid other employees. The post of a manager is not...
- Feedback. // New Scientist;8/20/2005, Vol. 187 Issue 2513, p84
Presents comments of readers on issues related to aeronautics and industrial management. Information on aerospace agreements signed between the U.S and Russia. Topics related to risk management discussed at the International Payments 2005 banking conference, held in London in late April; Views...
- Celebrate the small stuff. Kennedy, Carol // Director;Jan2006, Vol. 59 Issue 6, p20
The article argues that entrepreneurs should not waste their time worrying small problems. The impact of such problems on consultancy industry is assessed. Comments on the application of the Carpe diem philosophy in industrial management are included.
- EVALUATING THE ABILITY OF DECISION-MAKERS TO ESTIMATE RISKS EFFECTIVELY IN INDUSTRIAL APPLICATIONS. Pieterse, W.; Grobbelaar, S.; Visser, J. K. // South African Journal of Industrial Engineering;Nov2014, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p9
There are many factors to be considered in risk management that influence the effective control of risk either beneficially or detrimentally. An improvement in the quality of risk analysis will enable risk managers and decision-makers to make more accurate decisions that would benefit all...
- RIMS Pittsburgh Chapter Calls for a Return to Solid Underwriting Skills. Johnson, Tom // Risk Management (00355593);Apr87, Vol. 34 Issue 4, p96
This article reports on the announcement made by the Risk and Insurance Management Society Pittsburgh chapter that only the firm foundation of solid underwriting and industry trust and cooperation can ward off the recurrence of a hard market. According to Ron Compton, president of American...
- Editorial. Moody, Daryn // Journal of Securities Operations & Custody;Winter2014/2015, Vol. 7 Issue 2, p97
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various topics within the issue including topics on corporate governance, senior management in financial institution, and risk mitigation sub-custodian.
- Risk ownership ideas changing. Goddard, Sarah // Business Insurance;03/08/99, Vol. 33 Issue 10, p19
Reports on the changes in risk ownership ideas in Great Britain according to risk consultant Clive Thursby. Implications of new corporate governance requirements and convergence of insurance and financial markets; Need for identification of risk management roles; Entities responsible for UK...
- Green issues top the agenda at ISAR. // Accountancy;Mar1998, Vol. 121 Issue 1255, p8
Focuses on the criticism of several accounting profession and business representatives in Great Britain on Hampel Committee's report on corporate governance. Insufficient emphasis on the role active risk management plays in corporate governance.
- PORT In the STORM. Spencer, Vikki // Canadian Underwriter;Mar2005, Vol. 72 Issue 3, p16
Discusses strategies to be adopted by the Risk & Insurance Management Society in dealing with challenges facing the commercial insurance market. Background of governmental investigations into contingent commissions practices in the industry; Background on issues to be raised by RIMS during an...