PEOPLE & CALENDAR
- Disney-ESPN Taps Affiliate Executives. // Multichannel News;9/27/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 39, p12
This article reports that the new organizational structure for the combined Walt Disney Co. and ESPN Inc. Networks affiliate, sales and marketing group was revealed on last Monday. Nine operating areas will manage various aspects of the organization, and several key executives have been...
- People. // CableFAX Daily;10/6/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 194, p3
Reports on the appointment of Jim Moloshok as media ventures president of HBO. Plan of Moloshok for the company.
- Disney to share business strategies in Fresno. Halsey, Heather // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;4/30/2010, Issue 324170, p3
The article offers information on the "Disney's Approach to Business Excellence" conference sponsored by Walt Disney Co. to be held on May 4, 2011 at the Radisson Hotel and Conference Center in Fresno, California.
- Tribeca West goes on block. Miller, Daniel // Hollywood Reporter;10/21/2010, Vol. 416 Issue 45, p1
The article offers information on the sale of entertainment office complex, Tribeca West, in Los Angeles, California. It is stated that the property has been listed for sale and is expected to go for as much as 75 million dollars. The West L.A. development is a film and television...
- HBO Acquires More Disney Films. Pursell, Chris // Television Week;4/21/2008, Vol. 27 Issue 12, p6
The article reports on a feature film library package of 85 titles from Disney-ABC Domestic Television that was acquired by HBO. This deal was the second-package licensed to the cable channel from the distributor in the past six months. The pay television (TV) network will obtain access to this...
- Video Consumption's Next Wave. WINSLOW, GEORGE // Multichannel News;1/7/2013, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p10
The article offers information on the impact of over-the-top video (OTT) content delivered directly to viewers through the public Internet. It mentions that Netflix Inc. has acquired pay television (TV) window rights to the Walt Disney Co.'s theatrical films starting in 2016. It includes that...
- Disneyana Convention celebrates fifth anniversary September 3 through September 7 at Walt Disney... // Antiques & Collecting Magazine;Sep96, Vol. 101 Issue 7, p30
Reports on the highlights of the 1996 Disneyana Convention held on September 3-7, 1996 at Disney's Contemporary Resort and Disney;s Grand Floridian Beach Resort. Includes Disneyana Auction; Limited-edition sale; Antiques and Collectibles Show.
- Fan-Tasia. // Los Angeles Magazine;Aug2011, Vol. 56 Issue 8, p34
The article offers information on the Disney fan club's D23 Expo 2011 to be held at the Anaheim Convention Center in Anaheim, California on August 19-21.
- Documentary. Wagner, Holly J. // Video Store Magazine;6/27/2004, Vol. 26 Issue 26, p20
Presents information on the top 20 best-selling documentary films released in DVD format. "Do You Believe in Miracles?--The Story of the 1980 Hockey Team," from Home Box Office; "Ghosts of the Abyss," from Walt Disney; "Step Into Liquid," from Lions Gate.