- Tech rocks Casbaa. Rothrock, Vicki; Frater, Patrick // Variety;11/6/2006, Vol. 404 Issue 12, p18
This article reports on the Cable and Satellite Broadcasting Association of Asia's "Pay Television (TV) Convention" in Hong Kong, China. This convention meets annually to discuss media technology with rounds of seminars and presentations. Issues such as TV piracy, internet technology and the pay...
- DATE BOOK. // Broadcasting & Cable;3/15/2004, Vol. 134 Issue 11, p44
Presents a calendar of events related to television broadcasting in the U.S. from March15-27, 2004. Syndicated Network Television Association Spring Conference in Chicago, Illinois; Television News Center Reporter Training in Washington; Cable Television Public Affairs Association Forum 2004 in...
- Sars upturn takes double-digit bite off Beijing TV viewing. Shaw, Sharon Desker // Media: Asia's Media & Marketing Newspaper;10/3/2003, p1
Television viewing in Beijing, China has fallen by unprecedented levels, with the post-SARS rebound blamed for the double-digit declines. ACNielsen and CSM Sofres figures show total television viewership in the capital sliding by more than 20 per cent from the April/May highs when SARS conspired...
- FORUM SETS ITS STAGE. Hopewell, John // Daily Variety;2/19/2002, Vol. 274 Issue 57, p18
Highlights the TV Forum Europe in Barcelona, Spain. Network companies who signed up for the forum; Organizers of the forum; Budget allocation for forum.
- Are we getting through? // Columbia Journalism Review;Fall1966, Vol. 5 Issue 3, p41
This article presents an excerpt from The Information War, a discussion filmed at the Caravelle Hotel in Saigon and broadcast on stations of the National Educational Television network in August 1966.
- Singapore preps for Asia TV Forum. Murdoch, Blake // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;12/4/2001, Vol. 371 Issue 8, p70
Announces the Asia TV Forum in Singapore. Theme of the forum; Speakers to the forum; Programs and activities.
- PEOPLE & CALENDAR. // Multichannel News;2/24/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 8, p18
Presents calendar of events related to television industry as of February 24, 2003. Date of seminar on 'Society of Cable Telecommunications Engineers, Coaxial Cable in the HFC plant'; Venue of the Cable Television Public Affairs Association, Forum 2003.
- Another shot at (commercial) interactive television. McGoldrick, Paul // Broadcast Engineering;Sep98, Vol. 40 Issue 10, p158
Comments on developments in interactive television in the United States. Protocols defined by Advanced Television Enhancement Forum for television programming; Failure to offer personal Internet delivery system as a choice; Goal to allow content creators to design enhanced programming;...
- PREVIEWS. // Television Week;10/27/2003, Vol. 27 Issue 43, p1
Presents news briefs on television programs in the U.S. as of October 27, 2003. Information on the "20th Biannual Sky Forum" of the Satellite Broadcast & Communications Association; Overview of the panel discussion at the TV Academy in North Hollywood, California; List of the television...