The Society for the Study of Labour History Autumn Conference
- Editorial. // Labour History Review (Maney Publishing);Spring2001, Vol. 66 Issue 1, p1
Introduces a series of articles related to British labor movement history.
- THE CENTENARY OF THE WEA. Roberts, Stephen K. // History Today;Feb2003, Vol. 53 Issue 2, p26
Examines the development of the Workers' Educational Association (WEA) in Great Britain. Goals of WEA; Consequences of the movement's acceptance of state aid; Courses offered by WEA; Role of WEA in labor movements.
- Flying to the Moon: reconsidering the British labour exchange system in the early twentieth century. Mansfield, Malcolm // Labour History Review (Maney Publishing);Spring2001, Vol. 66 Issue 1, p24
This article analyses the reaction of trade union members and employers to the functioning of the labor exchange network established in the early years of the twentieth century. As such it does not deal with industrial conflicts, with wage bargaining or with industrial relations in general. A...
- 1969 proceedings of the Charles S. Peirce Society. Bernstein, Richard J.; Roberts, Don D. // Transactions of the Charles S. Peirce Society;Spring1970, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p123
Presents information on the 1969 proceedings of the Charles S. Peirce Society. Professors participating in the symposium; Details of the topics discussed during the business meeting; Officers elected during the conference.
- NACHO '69 Meeting Stresses Varied Projects, Ups Budget Militants Form 'Radical Caucus' Donaldson, Stephen // Advocate;Nov1969, Vol. 3 Issue 10, p2
Highlights the 1969 meeting of the North American Conference of Homophile Organizations (NACHO), an association of 24 independent organizations. Increase in the budget of the association; Treatment received by the convention delegates by hotel authorities; Role of NACHO; Information related to...
- THE ANNUAL WESTERN SPEECH ASSOCIATION CONVENTION. // Western Speech;Fall1967, Vol. 31 Issue 4, p288
Presents the Annual Western Speech Association Convention held in November 1967 at the El Dorado Hotel in Sacramento, California. Convention program; Section programs; Discussion of a range of topics including, rhetoric, public address, speech education and communication.
- The New Global Community. Colwell, Rita R. // American Scientist;Sep/Oct91, Vol. 79 Issue 5, p386
Previews the annual meeting of Sigma Xi, The Scientific Research Society to be held in November 1991. Global issues to be discussed.
- YP Achievements, Future Needs Assessed. Jordan, Brian // Journal: American Water Works Association;Oct2004, Vol. 96 Issue 10, p50
Focuses on the significance of a diverse infrastructure for the American Water Works Association (AWWA). Theme of the 2003 AWWA Annual Conference and Exposition that was held in Anaheim, California; Suggestions for ensuring the success of the AWWA infrastructure.
- REMINDER. // Spectra;Oct1985, Vol. 21 Issue 9, p1
This article presents some reminders for the 1985 Speech Communication Association Denver Convention from November 7 to 10, 1985. Members who are planning to attend the convention in Denver, Colorado, should remember to bring their program with them. Even members who cannot attend the Denver...