- The Rising Tide of GREEN. Ivanovich, Michael M. // Heating/Piping/Air Conditioning Engineering;May2006, Vol. 78 Issue 5, p5
Emphasizes the significance and impact of green building on the evolution of building professions. Advantages of green building; Increase in interest of engineers and architects in green building products; Outcome of improved public and professional awareness on green building.
- BMW to build its new green engine in UK. Ray Massey // Daily Mail;6/13/2012, p65
BMW is to build engines for its new green supercar in the Midlands.
- Mel Starrs (1973-2012). // Building Design;7/20/2012, Issue 2023, p2
An obituary for green building design engineer and accreditation specialist Mel Starrs is presented.
- Building GREEN. Vanovich, Michael M. // Heating/Piping/Air Conditioning Engineering;Feb2005, Vol. 77 Issue 2, p5
Deals with issues concerning green building in the U.S. engineering industry as of February 2005. Increase in the involvement of engineers in green building; Advantages of green design in minimizing environmental impacts of buildings; Creation of the Leadership in Energy and Environmental...
- Engineering Green Buildings Conference. // Heating/Piping/Air Conditioning Engineering;Jul2004, Vol. 76 Issue 7, p0
Presents information on the topics discussed in the Engineering Green Buildings Conference held on July 21 and 22, 2004. Economic costs and benefits of green buildings; Anatomy of a green building project; Green chilled water systems.
- Selling Green Design To Clients Who Don't Ask For It. McLennan, Jason F.; Rumsey, Peter // Environmental Design & Construction;Jun2003, Vol. 6 Issue 4, p48
Advises building architects and engineers on marketing green design. Characteristics of projects labeled green; Consumers perceptions of green designs; Advantages and benefits of green designs for building owners.
- EGB 2007. Luke, Ashley; Lanzi, Kristen // Heating/Piping/Air Conditioning Engineering;Nov2007, Vol. 79 Issue 11, p6
A letter to the editor about attending the 2007 Engineering Green Buildings Conference and Expo of the "HPAC Engineering" magazine, is presented.
- Texas & Louisiana Top Design Firms Ranked By Sector. Buckley, Bruce // ENR: Engineering News-Record;6/17/2013, Vol. 270 Issue 18, pTX28
Tables are presented rating engineering and architectural firms in Texas and Louisiana in terms of revenue in sectors including petroleum engineering, general building and green building.
- In Praise of ENGINEERS. Fedrizzi, S. Richard // Heating/Piping/Air Conditioning Engineering;May2006, Vol. 78 Issue 5, p7
Discusses the role of engineers in green buildings movement. Goals of the American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE) in launching the Engineering for Sustainability initiative; Partnership of the ASHRAE, the U.S. Green Building Council (USGB) and the...
- Renovating the Design and Construction Process for Sustainable Success. Lotspeich, Chris; Rumsey, Peter; Van der Ryn, Sim // Environmental Design & Construction;Jan/Feb2003, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p24
Part II. Focuses on solutions to green building challenges. Promotion of green building techniques to increase awareness; Improvement of design by building codes and voluntary guidelines; Compensation of architects and engineers with performance-based fees.