- ASES Working with the World. Middleton, Paulette // Solar Today;Sep/Oct2007, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p80
The article reports on the leadership role to be assumed by the International Committee of the American Solar Energy Society (ASES) during the Solar World Congress of the International Solar Energy Society in Beijing, China on September 18 to 21, 2007. The conference, which focuses on the theme...
- ASHRAE Research Toward Sustainable Buildings. Brandemuehl, Michael J. // HVAC&R Research;Jan2004, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p1
Editorial. Focuses on the role of the American Society of Heating, Refrigerating & Air-Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE) in the path toward sustainable building. Overview of the sustainability concept; Challenges in developing green buildings; Research on sustainable buildings.
- Giant 'Hiccup' Delays U.S. Green Building Standard. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;10/27/2008, Vol. 261 Issue 13, p16
The article reports that the American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers Inc. is reconstituting its two-year-old committee developing the nation's first green-building standard. The move will delay publication of the "Standard for the Design Of High-Performance...
- Standards Day Hosts Competition. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;5/26/2008, Vol. 234 Issue 4, p6
The article reports that the U.S. Celebration of World Standards Day Planning Committee and the Standards Engineering Society (SES) have announced the 2008 World Standards Day Paper Competition. It states that the paper competition's theme recognizes the role of standards and conformity...
- Coalition Focuses on High-Performance Federal Buildings. // ASHRAE Journal;Jun2009 Ashrae Insights, p7
The article reports on the release of recommendations for high-performance buildings by the High Performance Building Congressional Caucus Coalition in Washington in 2009. The recommendations are specifically intended to promote high-performance building. It will also provide an effective...
- Conference On Building Commissioning Set For May. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;3/7/2005, Vol. 224 Issue 10, p6
Highlights the 13th National Conference on Building Commissioning in New York City on May 4, 2005.
- Sustainable Business Conference Expects Record Turnout. Schoonmaker, Daniel // Grand Rapids Business Journal;4/25/2005, Vol. 23 Issue 17, pB5
Presents information on the 10th Annual Sustainable Business Conference and Expo that will be held in Michigan from May 11 to 12, 2005. Theme of the event; Speakers at the event; Focus on the state's interest in green building and sustainable solutions.
- Greenbuild packs 'em in. Mader, Robert P. // Contractor Magazine;Dec2007, Vol. 54 Issue 12, p1
The article discusses the highlights of the Greenbuild conference and exposition held by the U.S. Greenbuilding Council (USGBC) in 2007. The event was a huge success with about 22,000 people in attendance. In his address, former U.S. President Bill Clinton announced that his foundation's Clinton...
- Greening America, One Home at a Time. Collins, Brad // Solar Today;May/Jun2005, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p47
Highlights the seventh annual National Green Building Conference, which is hosted by the National Association of Home Builders, held in Atlanta, Georgia on March 13-15, 2005. Attendees; Keynote speaker; Topics discussed in the conference; Total number of sessions on green-building attributes,...