PEOPLE & CALENDAR
- PEOPLE & CALENDAR. // Multichannel News;11/4/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 44, p24
Presents several news briefs related to the appointment, promotion and general movement of high level executives within the U.S. cable and television broadcast industry. Appointment of Andrew Muhl as director of communications for the American Cable Association; Promotion of John Cody to...
- Comcast Kicks Regional News Into High Gear. Brady, Shirley // Cable World (10427228);10/13/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 38, p24
Looks at the enhancements made by the CN8 cable television network of Comcast to its locally produced programming in New England in 2003. Original regional prime-time news programs of the network; Importance of associating the Comcast name with the New England Cable News.
- PLAYERS NETWORK IN THE CARDS. Martin, Denise // Daily Variety;10/10/2005, Vol. 289 Issue 6, p8
Reports on the launch of Players Network, a gaming lifestyle channel of Comcast Cable in Los Angeles, California.
- Ill Wind for Comcast. Spangler, Todd // Multichannel News;6/11/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 24, p8
The article reports that about 121 subscribers of Comcast Cable Communications Inc. have filed complaints with the Chicago, Illinois Department of Consumer Services over the company's analog-reclamation initiative. The subscribers were unhappy that Comcast has forced them to a digital-video tier...
- Doggies on Demand. // CableFAX Daily;3/29/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 60, p2
Reports on the Adopt-A-Pet On demand VOD service offered by Comcast Cable in the U.S. in 2006.
- Nationals Rationale:. // CableFAX Daily;5/1/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 84, p2
Reports on the initiative of residential service network MASN to force multiple system operator Comcast to broadcast Nationals games in Washington, D.C. Legislation on MSO license introduced by DC city council members; Editorials on the dispute published by the Washington Post.
- CMC Plugs Digital, HD. Moss, Linda; Spangler, Todd // Multichannel News;8/4/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 30, p23
The article reports that Orlando, Florida-based Comcast Media Center has signed transport agreements for 14 additional high definition (HD) channels. The deal brings Comcast Media Center's roster of HDTV channels to 20 which will be available through Headend In the Sky. The HD services will be...
- Comcast channel adds newscasts. Wang, Karissa S. // Electronic Media;04/17/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 16, p4
Reports on Comcast Cable Communications' plan to add local news broadcast to its cable television channel CN8 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, as of April 17, 2000. Background on the cable television network.
- Comcast Adds Video Screens to Guide. Sprangler, Todd // Multichannel News;4/23/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 17, p26
The article features Comcast Central, a video-based interactive program guide deployed by Comcast that can display up to six live channels simultaneously to about a quarter of its digital-cable footprint. The company's home base of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania is among the systems to get it next....