PEOPLE & CALENDAR
- MAJOR SHOWS. // Multichannel News;1/19/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p24
Presents information on congresses and trade shows related to the cable television industry in the U.S. Conference of the Cable & Telecommunications Association for Marketing, to be held in San Diego, California; Dates set for "CableConnects 2004" Regional Broadband Conference and Expo in San...
- Cable converging in Orlando. Hall, Lee // Electronic Media;10/26/98, Vol. 17 Issue 44, p2
Reports on the holding of the 1998 Eastern Cable Show in Orlando, Florida. Southern Cable Telecommunications Association as show sponsor; Topics of standard panel discussions; Participants in the panel discussions.
- Preparing for Battle. Becker, Anne // Broadcasting & Cable;3/28/2005, Vol. 135 Issue 13, p18
Focuses on threats experienced by the cable industry in preparation for the National Cable & Telecommunications Association (NCTA) National Show in San Francisco, California from April 3 to 5, 2005. Estimated number of attendees of the show; Highlights of the convention.
- Beach Blanket Wisdom. Gibbons, Kent // Multichannel News;11/17/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 46, p52
Presents information on the ninth edition of Positively Cable, an annual event staged by the Denver chapter of Cable Positive in Colorado. Topics discussed in the event; Implications for cable users.
- SCTE Expo Heads for Philly. Brown, Karen // Multichannel News;5/5/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 18, p33
Focuses on the meeting of the Society of Cable and Telecommunications Engineers in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania for its annual Cable Tec Expo in May 2003. Comments by John Clark, the chief executive officer on the exhibitors participating in the trade fair.
- PEOPLE & CALENDAR. // Multichannel News;5/14/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 20, p36
The article reports on developments related to the cable television industry in the U.S. Shera Higgs-Thompson was promoted to marketing manager at AmericanLife TV Network. The Cable-Tec Expo 2007 will be hosted by the Society of Cable Telecommunications Engineers in Orlando, Florida on June...
- East Coast Show Expands. Hogan, Monica // Multichannel News;09/04/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 36, p9
Focuses on the cable television trade show East Coast Cable 2000 organized by the Atlantic Cable Partners in Baltimore, Maryland. Increase in number of exhibitors; Highlights of the trade show.
- NCTA BRIEFS. Martin, Denise // Daily Variety;5/3/2004, Vol. 283 Issue 20, p13
Discusses the highlights of the annual meeting of the National Cable Television Association in April 2004. Partnership of Silver Pictures and Orchid Ventures for the 24-hour television network called Scream which will feature horror, suspense and thriller-oriented entertainment; Bravo's purchase...
- MAJOR SHOWS. // Multichannel News;12/20/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 51, p40
Lists several major exhibitions and conferences in the U.S. scheduled for January to June 2005. 2005 International Consumer Electronics Show of the Consumer Electronics Association in Las Vegas, Nevada; Conference on Emerging Technologies 2005 of the Society of Cable & Telecommunications...