NAVY LEAGUE WINTER MEETING
- A Quartet of Museums. Vesilind, Priit // National Geographic Traveler;Nov/Dec2007, Vol. 24 Issue 8, p178
The article presents information on museums in Tallinn in Estonia. Tallinn has more than 30 museums, but a strategically picked four can put you swiftly in real touch with Estonian culture and history. The nation's Maritime Museum, a permanent exhibition of naval and commercial history. Nearby...
- South: The Race to The Pole. Barrett, Michael // History Today;Oct2000, Vol. 50 Issue 10, p3
Focuses on the exhibition `South: The Race to the Pole,' which will be shown at the National Maritime Museum in Greenwich, London until September 30, 2001. Concept of the exhibition; Description of the articles and objects at the exhibition; Information on the explorers featured in the exhibition.
- General news. // PSA Journal;Feb97, Vol. 63 Issue 2, p43
Reports on the Mariners' Museum's Lighthouses and Keepers exhibition from December 12, 1996 to April 27, 1997. Contact information.
- Exhibit recalls fishing's golden age. Owens, Howard; Ash, Leonard D. // San Diego Business Journal;6/03/96, Vol. 17 Issue 23, p12
Features the `Harvesting the Sea' exhibition at the Maritime Museum of San Diego in California. Features of the so-called golden age of fishing in the area; Comment by Jon Grogan, consultant and researcher at the museum.
- Images from the deep. // In Britain;Sep94, Vol. 4 Issue 9, p6
Reports on an exhibition featuring artifacts from the wreck of the Titanic at London, England's National Maritime Museum.
- Norfolk to Host Maritime Heritage Conference. // Naval History;Aug2004, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p66
The leading maritime heritage organizations in the Hampton Roads, Virginia, region will host the next Maritime Heritage Conference in October 2004 in the historic southern seaport of Norfolk. These institutions include the Hampton Roads Naval Museum with the battleship Wisconsin , the Mariners'...
- `South'. // British Heritage;Oct/Nov2000, Vol. 21 Issue 6, p18
Features the exhibition 'South: The Race to the Pole' depicting several Antarctic explorers by the National Maritime Museum in Greenwich, England. List of Antarctic explorers included in the exhibition; Presentation of the explorers' stories through artifacts; Inclusion of Captain Robert Falcon...
- Slavery show marks bicentenary of abolition. // Design Week;2/15/2007, Vol. 22 Issue 7, p6
The article reviews the exhibition "Chasing Freedom: The Royal Navy and the Suppression of the Transatlantic Slave Trade," at the Royal Naval Museum in Portsmouth, England, in February 2007.
- Exhibits relate Northwest history. Roberts, Rich // Yachting;Jul98, Vol. 184 Issue 1, p84
Highlights the Maritime Museum Exhibit in Seattle about the Northwest's nautical history, produced by the Puget Sound Maritime Historical Society.