PEOPLE & CALENDAR
- Taiwan b'casters go on a shopping spree. Webster, Michael // Variety;11/28/94, Vol. 357 Issue 5, p56
Discusses various aspects concerning the cable television industry in Taiwan. Implications of the government regulations on cable television industry; Impact of the Mip Television Asia on the commercial policy regarding the industry; Economic conditions of the industry.
- CAST '83. // BKSTS Journal;May1983, Vol. 65 Issue 5, p242
The article offers information on the International Cable & Satellite Television Exhibition & Conference to be held at National Exhibition Center in Birmingham, England on September 11-14, 1983.
- Cable networks to discuss interactive marketing. CS // Broadcasting & Cable;8/16/93, Vol. 123 Issue 33, p41
Announces the holding of a conference by the cable industry to discuss the value of interactive marketing. Featured speakers; Keynote speaker; Sponsor; Date and place where the conference will be held.
- Diller added to Casbaa. Frater, Patrick // Daily Variety;8/5/2008, Vol. 300 Issue 22, p6
The article offers information on the Cable and Satellite Broadcasting Association of Asia convention and trade show to be held in Hong Kong, China from October 28-30, 2008.
- Catharsis? Not Quite. Paskowski, Marianne // Multichannel News;01/08/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p52
Shares reflections on the United States cable industry at the beginning of 2001. Shedding of complete file drawers on numerous industry events; Proposal for a virtual gathering.
- Broadband Soapbox: Send Us your Expo Press Releases. // CT's Pipeline;5/15/2007, p3
The article announces the Society of Cable Television Engineers (SCTE) Cable-Tec Expo in Orlando, Florida.
- Follow the transition. Ringrose, Fergal // TVB Europe;Apr2003, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p6
Highlights the 2003 DVB World Conference in Dublin, Ireland. Number of participants; Theme of the event; Concerns over the performance of the cable television industry in the U.S.
- Op Stat-Reporting Plan Due Today. // Multichannel News;10/21/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 42, p2
Reports on the meeting plan of publicly traded cable operators to discuss a uniform method for reporting operation information contained in financial reports in New York City.
- Big Easy Consensus: More Steak Than Sizzle. Kramer, Staci D. // Multichannel News;05/15/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 20, p10
Reports on the participation of fewer cable television operators in the 2000 National Show in New Orleans, Louisiana. Impact of consolidation; Technologies introduced at the show; Interest shown by people from other industries towards cable business.