PEOPLE & CALENDAR
- In the Company of Giants. Haley, Kathy // CED;Nov2003 Supplement, Vol. 29, p3B
Reports on the induction of a number of television industry executives as new members of the Cable Hall of Fame in Denver, Colorado. Background of the inductees; Details on the programs and activities; Contribution of the awardees to the vitality of the cable television industry.
- 'The men and women who control broadcasting believe that television is an idiot's lantern' Cox, David // New Statesman;12/9/2002, Vol. 131 Issue 4617, p27
Deals with the skepticism of television executives in Great Britain on the capacity of television broadcasting and programming to make sense of the news. Tasks society could require of the media; Evaluation of television networks and their television programs; Criticisms on broadcast...
- Networking. // Cable World (10427228);3/25/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 12, p42
Presents news on some cable television network executives in the U.S. as of March 25, 2002. Recipient of the Time Warner Cable 2001 High School Cranial Crunch championship trophy; Partnership between Lifetime Television and New York Women in Film and Television.
- BalvÃn dismissal called political charade, poorly timed. Dragomir, Marius // Prague Business Journal;12/2/2002, Vol. 7 Issue 46, p1
Reports on key issues relevant to the dismissal of Jiri Balvin, executive head of Czech Television. Control of the country's public broadcaster; Details about the dismissal; Implications for the broadcasting sector; Struggle between politicians and lobbyists.
- Ascent relaunches as all in one post house. // Televisual;Aug2008, p21
The article reports that Ascent Media's Ascent 142 facility incorporates One Post, St. Anne's and Stream into a single post house in Great Britain. The new facility provides an overall service aimed at feature film and broadcast clients. It allows the management of projects in one place with one...
- PEOPLE & CALENDAR. // Multichannel News;1/12/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p20
Presents executive appointments and calendar of events related to the U.S. television broadcasting as of January 2004. Promotion of Doug Sellars to senior vice president of production of Fox Sports Net; Officers elected at Inpulse Digital TV Group; Annual meeting of the Ohio Cable...
- NATPE NOTES. Pursell, Chris // Television Week;1/26/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p14
Highlights several events during the National Association of Television Program Executives (NATPE) conference in the U.S. in January 2004. Stations that signed for the "Ambush Makeover" reality program of Twentieth Television; Launch of the "The Tony Danza Show" program from Buena Vista;...
- Happier Days at NATPE. Albiniak, Paige; Bednarski, P. J. // Broadcasting & Cable;1/26/2004, Vol. 134 Issue 4, p24
Focuses on the annual meeting of the U.S. National Association of Television Program Executives in Las Vegas, Nevada in January 2004. Highlights of the event; Comparison with the 2003 event; Description of the activities at convention floor and suites.
- PEOPLE & CALENDAR. // Multichannel News;6/6/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 23, p26
Presents updates on executives, annual meetings, award presentations and other related events concerning television broadcasting in the U.S. from June to July 2005.