PEOPLE & CALENDAR
- PEOPLE & CALENDAR. // Multichannel News;1/12/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p20
Presents executive appointments and calendar of events related to the U.S. television broadcasting as of January 2004. Promotion of Doug Sellars to senior vice president of production of Fox Sports Net; Officers elected at Inpulse Digital TV Group; Annual meeting of the Ohio Cable...
- Western Show Rides Off Into the Sunset. // Television Week;12/1/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 48, p6
Discusses the last Western Show of the U.S. cable television industry in 2003. Reasons behind the decision to terminate the trade show; Contributions of the California Cable and Telecommunications Association to the success of the show.
- Unraveling the mysteries of the upfronts. Lowry, Brian // Daily Variety;5/11/2005, Vol. 287 Issue 29, p2
The article focuses on the television broadcasting industry in the U.S. It wasn't so long ago that major media outlets devoted minimal attention to this annual boon to party planners. Magazines, meanwhile, delve into trends about the metamorphosis of the TV business or deliver in-depth looks at...
- Cable Hears Parity Calling. Larson, Megan // MediaWeek;2/2/2004, Vol. 14 Issue 5, p6
Deals with the growth in primetime ratings of cable television networks in the U.S. in January 2004 and its impact on their cost-per-thousand (CPM) pricing. Effect on the CPM gap between cable and broadcast networks; Percentage of increase in prime ratings of cable networks; Implications of the...
- Gospel Spreads the Word. Reynolds, Mike // Multichannel News;11/1/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 44, p20
Reports on the launch of the Gospel Music Channel in different states in the U.S. in 2004. Background on the cable television channel; Carriage negotiations of the channel with other distributors; Efforts of Gospel executives to promote the cable channel.
- PEOPLE. // Multichannel News;09/11/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 37, p48
Reports on news and developments concerning executives in the United States cable and television broadcasting industries. Andy Quinn's appointment as president of the North American operations of Bookham Technology; Senior management executives appointed at Broadserve Inc., a...
- Programming's 'Haves' and Have Nots.' Paskowski, Marianne; Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;11/27/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 48, p1
Presents a discussion held among cable television executives regarding the state of affairs between multisystem cable operators (MSO) and programmers in the United States. Names of participating executives and their affiliations; Status of the relationship between MSO and programmers; Problems...
- IT'S HAMMER TIME AT USA NETWORK. Dempsey, John // Variety;6/14/2004, Vol. 395 Issue 5, p21
Focuses on the business operations of the USA Network cable television network and the responsibilities of its president, Bonnie Hammer, in the U.S., as of June 2004. Median age of USA viewers in primetime; Projected advertising revenues for 2004; Goal set by Hammer for the network;...
- STATION BREAK. Trigoboff, Dan // Broadcasting & Cable;06/05/2000, Vol. 130 Issue 24, p34
Reports on developments concerning television broadcasting in the United States as of June 5, 2000. Expletive-laced dialogue contained in the made-for-cable film `The Fear Inside'; Promotion of news directors Dave Lougee and Marci Burdick; Murder trial of football player Ray Lewis.