- NO MORE SECRETS: Exhibition cooking removes the mystery. // FoodService Director;2/15/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p40
Reports on the improvement of student perceptions of university foodservice at the State University of New York in Geneseo, New York after the opening of a marketplace-style foodcourt as of February 2004. Expectations of students on foodservice meals according to the president of the National...
- Fmagenda. // Food Management;Feb2006, Vol. 41 Issue 2, p20
The article presents calendar of events in the U.S. food service industry. The Society of Foodservice Management Critical Issues Conference will be held in Newark, New Jersey. The New Hope Expo West and Kosher World Expo will be held in Anaheim, California. The School Nutrition Association...
- fm agenda. // Food Management;Feb2007, Vol. 42 Issue 2, p20
The article presents a calendar of events in food service for 2007. The Culinary Enhancement Workshop for Production Managers hosted by the National Association of College and University Food Services will be held from February 4-9, 2007 in California. The School Nutrition Association's...
- Culinary clubs sprout up on campuses. Watkins, Carolyn // Food Management;Dec98, Vol. 33 Issue 12, p23
Focuses on culinary clubs in the United States wherein campus foodservice departments are partnering with students to explore food-related issues. Information on an international culinary club at Ball State University in Muncie, Indiana; Benefits that students can gain from the clubs; Details...
- Healthy Meals on the Run. // Food Management;Aug2010, Vol. 45 Issue 8, p34
The article offers information about the Uncommon retail outlet put up by Yale University Dining Services, which won the Best Convenience Retail Concept award.
- Ivy League 'meal plans' are a hideous waste of food and money. Wilson, Bee // New Statesman;8/12/2002, Vol. 131 Issue 4600, p40
Comments on the food service and meal plans at U.S. colleges and universities. Cost of enrollment at an Ivy League university; Costs of college meals; Aim for implementing the meal plans; Wastage of food and money resulting from implementation of meal plans.
- The Fisherman's Tale. // Food Management;May2006, Vol. 41 Issue 5, p26
This article presents an interview with John Lakatosh, employed by Aramark as executive chef at Frostburg State University. Lakatosh started cooking when he was about 19, the time he joined the Navy. He served comfort foods at the USS Wabash, which was like the food served in cafeterias in...
- STEAL THIS IDEA. Webb, Eric; Cantalupo, Salvatore; Ferner, Thomas; Coston, Lisette; DeHoog, Jennifer; Raboin, Stephanie; Klutts, Judy; Spelman, Julie; Coughlin, Gary // FoodService Director;1/15/2014, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p18
The article offers foodservice tips from industry experts in the U.S. It cites the approach of Eric Webb of University of Wyoming to test the system of its food service before it officially opens at the start of the spring semester 2014. It notes the effort of Corporate Image Dining Services to...
- Fast-Forwarding the Way to San JosÃ©. // Food Management;Aug2010, Vol. 45 Issue 8, p10
Information on the issues discussed at the National Association of College and University Food Services national conference held in July 2010 in San Jose, California is presented, which tackles about new culinary, management and networking opportunities.