The many-walled world of `Andrea del Sarto': The dynamics of self-explanation
- Browning, Renaissance Painting, and the Problem of Raphael. Cheeke, Stephen // Victorian Poetry;Winter2011, Vol. 49 Issue 4, p437
The article offers criticism on poems by Robert Browning, including "Andrea del Sarto," "Pictor Ignotus," and "The Ring and the Book." The author focuses on Browning's response to Italian Renaissance art. Specific topics addressed include Pre-Raphaelitism in Browning's poetry, the Victorian...
- Andrea del Sarto. Browning, Robert // Introduction to Robert Browning;1910, p184
Presents the poem "Andrea del Sarto," by Robert Browning. First Line: But do not let us quarrel any more, Last Line: Again the cousin's whistle! Go, my love.
- ANDREA DEL SARTO. Browning, Robert // Selections from the Poems & Plays of Robert Browning;1/1/1909, p36
The poem "Andrea del Sarto" by Robert Browning is presented. First Line: But do not let us quarrel any more. Last Line: Again the Cousin's whistle! Go, my Love.
- Andrea del Sarto. Browning, Robert // Browning's Shorter Poems;1/1/1917, p68
Presents the poem "Andrea del Sarto," by Robert Browning. First Line: But do not let us quarrel any more, Last Line: Again the Cousin's whistle! Go, my Love.
- Andrea del Sarto. Browning, Robert // Collected Classic Poems, Abercrombie to Clough;2012, p1
The poem "Andrea del Sarto," by Robert Browning is presented. First Line: Called the Flawless Painter; Last Line: Again the Cousin's whistle! Go, my Love.
- Robert Browning. Gibson, Mary Ellis // Victorian Poetry;Fall2002, Vol. 40 Issue 3, p303
Examines the body of poetic works by Robert Browning. Range of subject matter and themes explored by Browning's work; Analysis of key issues of interest; Significance to the study of Victorian poetry.
- Banananananana. Norris, Kathleen // Christian Century;04/22/98, Vol. 115 Issue 13, p450
Discusses issues on the evaluation of poetry. Paradox of poetry; Indicator of inferior poetry; Characteristics of poetry.
- The rise of modern doggerel. Hinsey, Ellen // New England Review (10531297);Spring98, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p138
Presents a critique of poetry using to the term `modern doggerel.' Reference to the poem `The Tendril's Fate,' by Ella Wheeler; Indication that the majority of modern poetry is written in `free verse'; Examination ofwriting styles of poetry during the 1990s.
- Anecdotes of a jar: The dominion of spatial tropes inrecent criticism of lyric. Jeffreys, Mark // Criticism;Winter98, Vol. 40 Issue 1, p55
Examines the spatial paradigm for lyric, noted in poetry scholarship and criticism during the first half of the 1990s. Determinants of lyric's material dimensions; Factors contributing to spatializing discourse; Contemporary critics' definition of lyric; Analysis of lyric found in poetry.